BAK antibody | AB04/1A2
The protein encoded by BAK1 gene belongs to the BCL2 protein family. BCL2 family members form oligomers or heterodimers and act as anti- or pro-apoptotic regulators that are involved in a wide variety of cellular activities. This protein localizes to mitochondria, and functions to induce apoptosis. It interacts with and accelerates the opening of the mitochondrial voltage-dependent anion channel, which leads to a loss in membrane potential and the release of cytochrome c. This protein also interacts with the tumor suppressor P53 after exposure to cell stress (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human BAK antibody detects a band of 25 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti BAK detects a band of approximately 25 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- E. coli-derived recombinant human BAK (amino acids 29 - 187)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q16611 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- BAK1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001836 release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005741 mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0008629 induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
- GO:0008633 activation of pro-apoptotic gene products
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0010248 establishment or maintenance of transmembrane electrochemical gradient
- GO:0046930 pore complex
- GO:0043496 regulation of protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043497 regulation of protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0046902 regulation of mitochondrial membrane permeability
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0051881 regulation of mitochondrial membrane potential
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of BAK antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.