Mouse anti ATF2
ATF2 antibody recognizes the cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-2, also known as activating transcription factor 2 splice variant ATF2-var2, cAMP response element-binding protein CRE-BP1, cAMP responsive element binding protein 2 or histone acetyltransferase ATF2.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
ATF2 encodes a transcription factor that is a member of the leucine zipper family of DNA binding proteins. This protein binds to the cAMP-responsive element (CRE), an octameric palindrome. It forms a homodimer or a heterodimer with c-Jun and stimulates CRE-dependent transcription. This protein is also a histone acetyltransferase (HAT) that specifically acetylates histones H2B and H4 in vitro; thus it may represent a class of sequence-specific factors that activate transcription by direct effects on chromatin components. Several alternatively spliced transcript variants have been found for ATF2 (provided by RefSeq, Jan 2012).
Mouse anti Human ATF2 antibody detects bands of 65-75 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti ATF2 antibody detects bands of approximately 86-75 kDa in A549 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatograpy on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Partial recombinant of human ATF2
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P15336 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ATF2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0002755 MyD88-dependent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0002756 MyD88-independent toll-like receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003702 RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0008063 Toll signaling pathway
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0034130 toll-like receptor 1 signaling pathway
- GO:0034134 toll-like receptor 2 signaling pathway
- GO:0034138 toll-like receptor 3 signaling pathway
- GO:0034142 toll-like receptor 4 signaling pathway
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0046983 protein dimerization activity
- GO:0051090 regulation of transcription factor activity
- GO:0051403 stress-activated MAPK cascade
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of ATF2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.