Serum Amyloid A antibody | VSA34
SAA is a widely used marker of inflamation as elevated levels of SAA may be detected in the blood of the animal following infection or tissue trauma.
Serum amyloid A is highly conserved between species with canine SAA being similar in structure to SAA in other species. Mouse anti Dog serum amyloid A, clone VSA34 recognizes both equine and feline SAA. Structurally canine, feline and equine SAA differ from human SAA in that they contain an 8 aa insert in the central region of the sequence, human SSA being 104 aa, equine SAA 110 aa while canine and feline have 111 aa.
Mouse anti Dog serum amyloid A, clone VSA34 is raised against dog, but may be used to detect SAA in cats and horses. Clone VSA34 may be use as a detection reagent along with clone SAA19 (MCA6030GA) as the capture reagent in the development of immunoassays to detect SAA in dogs, cats and horses along with recombinant SAA (for canine, product code PDP006, for feline, product code PFP003 and equine, product code PEP006) as a standard.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Cat Horse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Canine Serum Amyloid A (SAA)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunized Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the Sp2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted.
- 18 months from date of despatch
- P19708 Related reagents
- P19857 Related reagents
- P19707 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0034364 high-density lipoprotein particle
- For research purposes only
Applications of Serum Amyloid A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- This product may be used in a direct ELISA or as a detection reagent in a sandwich ELISA, when either conjugated to HRP, or with appropriately conjugated secondary antibody, together with MCA6030GA as the capture reagent.