IL-4 antibody | CC314
IL-4 is expressed by a range of cells including T and B cells, macrophages and monocytes. It plays an important role in the regulation of bovine T and B cell responses.
Mouse anti Bovine interleukin-4, clone CC314 has been used successfully as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA with Mouse anti Bovine IL-4 antibody, clone CC313 (MCA2371) as a coating reagent both with bovine (Stabel et al. 2011) and ovine samples (Olivier et al. 2012). Clones CC313 and CC314 have been used in the reverse configuration for the measurement of interleukin-4 in caprine samples (Marinaro et al. 2012).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Goat Sheep
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide 1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant bovine IL-4.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells form immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P30367 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL4 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005136 interleukin-4 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0030890 positive regulation of B cell proliferation
- GO:0042113 B cell activation
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045348 positive regulation of MHC class II biosynthetic process
- GO:0045671 negative regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048295 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgE isotypes
- GO:0048304 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgG isotypes
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-4 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Product Specific References
References for IL-4 antibody
Hope, J.C. et al. (2005) Development of detection methods for ruminant interleukin (IL)-4.
J Immunol Methods. 301 (1-2): 114-23.
Abbott JR et al. (2005) Rapid and long-term disappearance of CD4+ T lymphocyte responses specific for Anaplasma marginale major surface protein-2 (MSP2) in MSP2 vaccinates following challenge with live A. marginale.
J Immunol. 174 (11): 6702-15.
Stabel JR et al. (2013) Disparate Host Immunity to Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis Antigens in Calves Inoculated with M. avium subsp. paratuberculosis, M. avium subsp. avium, M. kansasii and M. bovis.
Clin Vaccine Immunol. 20 (6): 848-57.
Stabel, J.R. et al. (2011) Mediation of host immune responses after immunization of neonatal calves with a heat-killed Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis vaccine.
Clin Vaccine Immunol. 18: 2079-89.
Marinaro, M. et al. (2012) Antigen-specific IFN-gamma and IL-4 production in caprine herpesvirus infected goats.
Res Vet Sci. 93: 662-7.
Olivier, M. et al. (2012) Capacities of migrating CD1b+ lymph dendritic cells to present Salmonella antigens to naive T cells.
PLoS One. 7: e30430.
Cassady-Cain, R.L. et al. (2017) Inhibition of Antigen-Specific and Nonspecific Stimulation of Bovine T and B Cells by Lymphostatin from Attaching and Effacing Escherichia coli.
Infect Immun. 85 (2): pii: e00845-16. [Epub ahead of print]