MHC Class I antibody | F21-2
Chicken MHC Class molecules (B-F and B-L molecules) are highly conserved, with tissue distribution, structure and functions being similar to their mammalian counterparts.Avian MHC Class I molecules, known also as B-F antigens, consist of a glycosylated polymorphic transmembrane α-chain non-covalently bound to the invariant β2-microglobulin subunit.
Mouse anti Chicken MHC Class I, clone F21-2 recognizes Turkey MHC Class I (Meyerhoff et al. 2012).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Turkey
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of MHC Class I antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):FITC (Multi Species Adsorbed)||STAR117F||F||0.5 mg|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP (Multi Species Adsorbed)||STAR117P||C E WB||0.5 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Mouse IgG:RPE||STAR12A||F||1 ml|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Mouse IgG:FITC||STAR9B||F||1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for MHC Class I antibody
Salomonsen, J. et al. (1991) Chicken major histocompatibility complex-encoded B-G antigens are found on many cell types that are important for the immune system.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 88 (4): 1359-63.
Meyerhoff, R.R. et al. (2012) Comprehensive analysis of commercially available mouse antichicken monoclonal antibodies for cross-reactivity with peripheral blood leukocytes from commercial turkeys.
Poult Sci. 91: 383-92.
Walker, B.A. et al. (2011) The dominantly expressed class I molecule of the chicken MHC is explained by coevolution with the polymorphic peptide transporter (TAP) genes.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 108: 8396-401.
Crone, M. et al. (1985) Mouse monoclonal antibodies to class I and class II antigens of the chicken MHC. Evidence for at least two class I products of the B complex.
Immunogenetics. 21: 181-7.
Kaufman, J. et al. (1989) B-G cDNA clones have multiple small repeats and hybridize to both chicken MHC regions.
Immunogenetics. 30 (6): 440-51.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra