Hen Egg Lysozyme antibody | AbD11397
Lysozyme damages bacterial cell walls by catalyzing hydrolysis of 1,4-beta-linkages between N-acetylmuramic acid and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine residues in a peptidoglycan and between N-acetyl-D-glucosamine residues in chitodextrins.
Lysozyme is abundant in a number of secretions, such as tears, saliva, human milk and mucus. It is also present in cytoplasmic granules of PMN’s and high concentrations of lysozyme are present in egg white. C-type lysozymes are closely related to alpha-lactalbumin in sequence and structure making them part of the same family.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a V5-tag (GSGGAPGKPIPNPLLGLDSTDAP) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied liquid.
- metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Lysozyme from chicken egg white.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.5mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003796 lysozyme activity
- GO:0042742 defense response to bacterium
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0019835 cytolysis
- GO:0016998 cell wall macromolecule catabolic process
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Hen Egg Lysozyme antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Human IgG F(ab')2:HRP||0500-0099||E WB||0.5 ml|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:Alk.Phos.||MCA1396A||E WB||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:Alexa Fluor® 488||MCA1396A488||F||100 Tests/1ml|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:Alexa Fluor® 647||MCA1396A647||F||1 ml|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:Biotin||MCA1396B||E WB||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Histidine Tag:FITC||MCA1396F||F IF||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||E WB||125 µl|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra