Hen Egg Lysozyme antibody | AbD11397
Human anti Chicken Hen Egg Lysozyme
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- HuCAL Fab monovalent
- Hen Egg Lysozyme
|Human anti Chicken Hen Egg Lysozyme, clone AbD11397, specifically recognises Hen Egg Lysozyme (HEL), known also as muramidase or N-acetylmuramide glycanhydrolase, a 14kDa enzymic protein involved in the destruction of bacteria.
Lysozyme damages bacterial cell walls by catalyzing hydrolysis of 1,4-beta-linkages between N-acetylmuramic acid and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine residues in a peptidoglycan and between N-acetyl-D-glucosamine residues in chitodextrins.
Lysozyme is abundant in a number of secretions, such as tears, saliva, human milk and mucus. It is also present in cytoplasmic granules of PMN’s and high concentrations of lysozyme are present in egg white. C-type lysozymes are closely related to alpha-lactalbumin in sequence and structure making them part of the same family.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a V5-tag (GSGGAPGKPIPNPLLGLDSTDAP) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Lysozyme from chicken egg white.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.5mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Chicken Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up