Human anti Chicken Hen Egg Lysozyme, clone AbD11397, specifically recognises Hen Egg Lysozyme (HEL), known also as muramidase or N-acetylmuramide glycanhydrolase, a 14kDa enzymic protein involved in the destruction of bacteria.
Lysozyme damages bacterial cell walls by catalyzing hydrolysis of 1,4-beta-linkages between N-acetylmuramic acid and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine residues in a peptidoglycan and between N-acetyl-D-glucosamine residues in chitodextrins.
Lysozyme is abundant in a number of secretions, such as tears, saliva, human milk and mucus. It is also present in cytoplasmic granules of PMN’s and high concentrations of lysozyme are present in egg white. C-type lysozymes are closely related to alpha-lactalbumin in sequence and structure making them part of the same family.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a V5-tag (GSGGAPGKPIPNPLLGLDSTDAP) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied lyophilised.
Pack Size: 50 µg
Reconstitute with 0.5ml distilled water
Pack Size: 0.1 mg
Reconstitute with 1.0ml distilled water
- metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Lysozyme from chicken egg white.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
defense response to bacterium
cell wall macromolecule catabolic process
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Hen Egg Lysozyme antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- Due to the presence of bovine serum albumin (BSA), this antibody is unsuitable for use as a capture reagent in sandwich ELISA applications. This product is also available without BSA, please enquire.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available