Pyroptosis 660 Caspase-1 Kit
utilizes the popular FLICA technology to detect caspase-1 activation. This kits contain the caspase-1 inhibitor reagent YVAD-FMK, which has the preferred binding sequence for caspase-1, Tyr-Val-Ala-Asp (YVAD) (Chapman, 1992
). This preferred caspase-1 binding sequence is labeled with 660 a far red fluorescent dye and linked to a fluoromethyl ketone (FMK) reactive entity. Caspase-1 will not cleave the FLICA inhibitor probe; instead, it forms an irreversible covalent bond with the FMK group on the reagent and becomes inhibited from further enzymatic activity.
- Reagents in the Kit
- 1 vial of 660-YVAD-FMK caspase-1 inhibitor - lyophilized
1 vial Nigericin
10x Cellular Wash Buffer, 15 mL
Fixative, 6 mL
1 vial Hoechst Stain, 1 ml
- Test Principle
- To use FLICA, add directly to the cell culture medium, incubate, and wash. FLICA is cell-permeant and will efficiently diffuse in and out of all cells. If there is an active caspase-1 enzyme inside the cell, it will covalently bind with YVAD-FMK and retain the fluorescent signal within the cell. Unbound FLICA will diffuse out of the cell during the subsequent wash steps. Therefore, positive cells will retain a higher concentration of FLICA and fluoresce brighter than negative cells. There is no interference from pro-caspases or inactive forms of the enzymes. After labeling with FLICA, cells can be counter-stained with other reagents and fixed or frozen.
Cells labeled with YVAD-FMK can be counter-stained with reagents such as the red live/dead stains Propidium Iodide and 7-AAD. Nuclear morphology may be concurrently observed using Hoechst 33342 (included in the kit), a blue DNA-binding dye. Cells can be viewed through a fluorescence microscope or flow cytometer.
- MULTIPLE STORAGE CONDITIONS APPLY ON ARRIVAL. Store the unopened kit (and each unopened component) according to the storage instructions on each component label.
Store the Nigericin at -20oC. Once reconstituted, the Nigericin stock should be used immediately or alliquoted and stored at -20oC for 12 months. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- FLICA is a trademark of Immunochemistry Technologies, LLC.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Pyroptosis 660 Caspase-1
||Refer to Instructions For Use
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at https://www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/static/uploads/ifu/ict9158.pdf
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra