Native Human C3b is derived by cleavage of the C3-alpha chain at peptide bond 77. This results in production of C3a and C3b fragments. The C3b fragment is a glycoprotein composed of the modified C3-alpha chain and the intact C3-beta chain. Nascent C3b has the transient ability to form a covalent ester bond with a variety of target surfaces. Once bound to target surfaces C3b becomes an essential subunit of both the classical and alternative pathway C5 cleaving enzymes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified C3b from human serum - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >90% by SDS-PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 180 kDa
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch
- P01024 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- C3 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0004866 endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006957 complement activation, alternative pathway
- GO:0006958 complement activation, classical pathway
- GO:0007186 G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- GO:0010575 positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
- For research purposes only
Applications of C3b
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)