Mouse Seroblock FcR | FCR4G8
Mouse Seroblock FcR is a rat antibody that recognises mouse CD16 and CD32, cell surface proteins also known as FcRγIII and FcR&gamma:II, respectively. The function of these proteins is to bind IgG molecules via their Fc regions as part of the adaptive immune response. CD16 and/or CD32 are expressed by a wide variety of cells, including monocytes, macrophages, B lymphocytes, granulocytes, NK cells, dendritic cells and some activated T lymphocytes. The expression of CD16/CD32 antigens can lead to non-specific binding of test monoclonal antibodies in staining procedures, resulting in “high background” staining on a wide range of cells. This non-specific binding may be blocked by pre-incubation of target cells with BUF041A, resulting in clearer staining. For direct analysis of CD16/32 expression this antibody is also available conjugated directly to FITC (MCA2305F ), AlexaFluor488 (MCA2305A488), AlexaFluor647 (MCA2305A647 ) and RPE (MCA2305PE ).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- PU5 1.8 IOE7 Balb/c mouse cell line.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Mouse Seroblock FcR
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- In order to reduce Fc-receptor mediated binding of test antibodies the following procedure is recommended:-
1) Incubate the cell suspension (1 x 106 cells in 100ul) with 1ug of BUF041A (1ul of undiluted reagent, or 10ul of a 1/10 dilution) for 5-10 minutes.
2) Add test antibody according to manufacturers instructions – Do not wash BUF041A off the cells. BUF041A is suitable for use in conjunction with test antibodies from any manufacturer or with in-house antibodies.*
3) Proceed with staining as usual.
* Care is needed in the design of experiments utilizing unconjugated anti-mouse antibodies, to ensure that the secondary antibody being used does not cross-react with SeroBlock FcR. Bio-Rad supply a range of isotype specific anti-mouse immunoglobulin antibodies that may be useful for this purpose.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Mouse Seroblock FcR
Ivanovska, N.D et al . (2008) Properdin Deficiency in Murine Models of Nonseptic Shock.
The Journal of Immunology. 180: 6962-6969.
Chen, H-F et al . (2009) A reduced oxygen tension (5%) is not beneficial for maintaining human embryonic stem cells in the undifferentiated state with short splitting intervals.
Human Reproduction. 24: 71-80.
Birjandi, S.Z. et al. (2011) Alterations in marginal zone macrophages and marginal zone B cells in old mice.
J Immunol. 186: 3441-51.
Cousins, F.L. et al. (2016) Evidence for a dynamic role for mononuclear phagocytes during endometrial repair and remodelling.
Sci Rep. 6: 36748.