Mouse Seroblock FcR
is a rat antibody that recognises mouse CD16 and CD32, cell surface proteins also known as FcRγIII and FcR&gamma:II, respectively. The function of these proteins is to bind IgG molecules via their Fc regions as part of the adaptive immune response. CD16 and/or CD32 are expressed by a wide variety of cells, including monocytes, macrophages, B lymphocytes, granulocytes, NK cells, dendritic cells and some activated T lymphocytes. The expression of CD16/CD32 antigens can lead to non-specific binding of test monoclonal antibodies in staining procedures, resulting in “high background” staining on a wide range of cells. This non-specific binding may be blocked by pre-incubation of target cells with BUF041A, resulting in clearer staining. For direct analysis of CD16/32 expression this antibody is also available conjugated directly to FITC (MCA2305F
), AlexaFluor488 (MCA2305A488), AlexaFluor647 (MCA2305A647
) and RPE (MCA2305PE
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- PU5 1.8 IOE7 Balb/c mouse cell line.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Mouse Seroblock FcR
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- In order to reduce Fc-receptor mediated binding of test antibodies the following procedure is recommended:-
1) Incubate the cell suspension (1 x 106 cells in 100ul) with 1ug of BUF041A (1ul of undiluted reagent, or 10ul of a 1/10 dilution) for 5-10 minutes.
2) Add test antibody according to manufacturers instructions – Do not wash BUF041A off the cells. BUF041A is suitable for use in conjunction with test antibodies from any manufacturer or with in-house antibodies.*
3) Proceed with staining as usual.
* Care is needed in the design of experiments utilizing unconjugated anti-mouse antibodies, to ensure that the secondary antibody being used does not cross-react with SeroBlock FcR. Bio-Rad supply a range of isotype specific anti-mouse immunoglobulin antibodies that may be useful for this purpose.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Mouse Seroblock FcR
Ivanovska, N.D et al . (2008) Properdin Deficiency in Murine Models of Nonseptic Shock.
The Journal of Immunology. 180: 6962-6969.
Chen, H-F et al . (2009) A reduced oxygen tension (5%) is not beneficial for maintaining human embryonic stem cells in the undifferentiated state with short splitting intervals.
Human Reproduction. 24: 71-80.
Birjandi, S.Z. et al. (2011) Alterations in marginal zone macrophages and marginal zone B cells in old mice.
J Immunol. 186: 3441-51.
Cousins, F.L. et al. (2016) Evidence for a dynamic role for mononuclear phagocytes during endometrial repair and remodelling.
Sci Rep. 6: 36748.