Recombinant rat interleukin-1 beta is an E. coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to full-length mature rat interleukin 1 beta (IL-1b), an immunomodulary cytokine that mediates a wide range of immune responses.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized.
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Escherichia coli.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium Acetate pH6.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- PRP23 has a specific activity of > 1 x 107 units/mg as determined by dose-dependent stimulation of proliferation of murine D10S cells.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 17.3kD (153 Amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
response to hypoxia
chronic inflammatory response to antigenic stimulus
interleukin-1 receptor binding
elevation of cytosolic calcium ion concentration
response to drug
response to heat
response to ozone
response to organic nitrogen
response to gamma radiation
negative regulation of glutamate secretion
cytokine-mediated signaling pathway
response to estradiol stimulus
response to lipopolysaccharide
positive regulation of interleukin-6 production
positive regulation of stress-activated MAPK cascade
response to vitamin D
response to L-ascorbic acid
positive regulation of apoptosis
positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
response to morphine
positive regulation of JUN kinase activity
positive regulation of JNK cascade
response to glucocorticoid stimulus
positive regulation of cell division
positive regulation of ERK1 and ERK2 cascade
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-1 Beta
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the protein for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
- This product may be used as the standard in ELISA applications with either AAR15G or AAR15B.
- Western Blotting
- This product may be used as the positive control in western blotting applications with either AAR15G or AAR15B.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra