Recombinant rat interleukin-1 beta is an E. coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to full-length mature rat interleukin 1 beta (IL-1b), an immunomodulary cytokine that mediates a wide range of immune responses.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised.
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Escherichia coli.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium Acetate pH6.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- PRP23 has a specific activity of > 1 x 107 units/mg as determined by dose-dependent stimulation of proliferation of murine D10S cells.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 17.3kD (153 Amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- <0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- Q63264 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Il1b Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001660 fever generation
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0002439 chronic inflammatory response to antigenic stimulus
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005149 interleukin-1 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007204 elevation of cytosolic calcium ion concentration
- GO:0007568 aging
- GO:0007613 memory
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0009408 response to heat
- GO:0010193 response to ozone
- GO:0010243 response to organic nitrogen
- GO:0010332 response to gamma radiation
- GO:0014050 negative regulation of glutamate secretion
- GO:0019221 cytokine-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0030728 ovulation
- GO:0032355 response to estradiol stimulus
- GO:0032496 response to lipopolysaccharide
- GO:0032755 positive regulation of interleukin-6 production
- GO:0032874 positive regulation of stress-activated MAPK cascade
- GO:0033280 response to vitamin D
- GO:0033591 response to L-ascorbic acid
- GO:0035176 social behavior
- GO:0042060 wound healing
- GO:0043065 positive regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043278 response to morphine
- GO:0043507 positive regulation of JUN kinase activity
- GO:0046330 positive regulation of JNK cascade
- GO:0051384 response to glucocorticoid stimulus
- GO:0051781 positive regulation of cell division
- GO:0070374 positive regulation of ERK1 and ERK2 cascade
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-1 Beta
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the protein for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)