IL-10 has a range of biological properties, including inhibition of macrophage mediated cytokine synthesis, suppression of the delayed type hypersensitivity response, and stimulation of the TH2 cell response.
ED50 is <2.0ng/ml, as determined by the dose dependent co-stimulation of MC/9 cells (with murine IL-4).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein expressed in E. coli - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Buffer Solution
- 5mM Sodium Phosphate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- 5 x 105 units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 18.7 kDa (161 amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
negative regulation of chronic inflammatory response to antigenic stimulus
defense response to bacterium
negative regulation of myeloid dendritic cell activation
negative regulation of interferon-gamma production
negative regulation of interleukin-12 production
negative regulation of tumor necrosis factor production
negative regulation of growth of symbiont in host
positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
positive regulation of MHC class II biosynthetic process
branching involved in embryonic placenta morphogenesis
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- PMP21 may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with AAM32
- Western Blotting
- PMP21 may be used as a positive control for Western blotting applications with AAM32
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for IL-10
Gelderblom, H. et al. (2007) Role of interleukin 10 during persistent infection with the relapsing fever Spirochete Borrelia turicatae.
Am J Pathol. 170: 251-62.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra