Native Collagen I (Tail Tendon)
- Product Type
- Purified Protein
- Collagen I
- (TAIL TENDON)
|Native Murine collagen I is purified Mouse collagen I from tail tendon. Thermal denaturation converts the collagen to gelatin.
Mouse collagen type III 10%
Mouse collagen (other types) <1%
Non-collagenous proteins <0.5%
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified Protein - liquid
- Collagens were extracted from washed dissected tissue into dilute acetic acid after mild pepsin treatment. Collagen type I was purified by using differential salt precipitation.
- Buffer Solution
- 0.5M acetic acid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- 90%< by SDS PAGE (cross linked collagen type I dimers and trimers represent ~10%)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Protein Molecular Weight
- ~300 kDa
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for Collagen I
Sebinger, D.D. et al. (2013) ECM modulated early kidney development in embryonic organ culture.
Biomaterials. 34 (28): 6670-82.
Takahashi, S. et al. (2015) C-type lectin-like domain and fibronectin-like type II domain of phospholipase A2 receptor 1 modulate binding and migratory responses to collagen.
FEBS Lett. 589 (7): 829-35.
Rhodes, R.K. & Miller, E.J. (1978) Physicochemical characterization and molecular organization of the collagen A and B chains.
Biochemistry. 17 (17): 3442-8.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001568 blood vessel development
- GO:0001649 osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0001957 intramembranous ossification
- GO:0001958 endochondral ossification
- GO:0005201 extracellular matrix structural constituent
- GO:0005584 collagen type I
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0010812 negative regulation of cell-substrate adhesion
- GO:0015031 protein transport
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0060325 face morphogenesis
- GO:0060346 bone trabecula formation
- GO:0060351 cartilage development involved in endochondral bone morphogenesis
- GO:0070208 protein heterotrimerization
- GO:0046332 SMAD binding
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up