VEGF is a homodimeric protein produced by various vascularized tissues. Activities include stimulation of endothelial cell growth, angiogenesis and capillary permeability.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein expressed in E. coli - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 38kD (2 x 165 Amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the protein for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
- PHP091 may be used in ELISA applications with either AHP831 or AHP831B.
- Western Blotting
- PHP091 may be used under reducing or non-reducing western blotting conditions with either AHP831 or AHP831B.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for VEGF
Easton, C.D. et al. (2014) Application of layer-by-layer coatings to tissue scaffolds – development of an angiogenic biomaterial.
Journal of Materials Chemistry B. 2, 5558-68