Filter by Application:EP Reset
|Recombinant Human NGAL
Neutrophil Gelatinase-Associated Lipocalin (NGAL) is also known as lipocalin-2, 24 kDa alpha-2-microglobin-related subunit of MMP-9 and siderocalin. NGAL is a 198 amino acid 25 kDa secreted protein which possesses a lipid binding domain which enables it to bind small hydrophobic ligand molecules such as bacterial siderophores (Bauvois & Susin 2018, Abella et al. 2015). As well as the 25 kDa form, NGAL can exist as a 46 kDa homodimer and a 130 kDa heterodimer with MMP-9. The interaction with MMP-9 occurs in the extracellular space upon secretion of both proteins. It is through this interaction that MMP-9 proteolytic activity can be inhibited (Chakraborty et al. 2012).
NGAL is expressed in various cell types including adipocytes, hepatocytes, pneumocytes, splenocytes, mesangial and microglial cells. NGAL has also been observed circulating at low levels in urine and blood of healthy subjects (40-109 ng/ml) . However it is overexpressed during various inflammatory, metabolic, neurologic and cancer pathologies. The higher levels of NGAL expression in these diseases have been correlated with disease severity and poor prognosis (Bauvois & Susin 2018, Chakraborty et al. 2012).
This recombinant Human NGAL can be used to create a standard curve in a sandwich ELISA with purified Mouse anti Human NGAL antibody, clone D11-6D10 (MCA6198GA) as a capture antibody and biotinylated Mouse anti Human NGAL antibody, clone D02-7D4 (MCA6199B) as the detection antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Centrifuge vial prior to reconstitution. Reconstitute to 100 µg/ml by adding 100 μl ddH2O.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. Do not vortex.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli and purified by ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH8.0, 0.15 M NaCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 1.0% Trehalose
- ≥90 % determined by coomassie blue staining of a reducing SDS-PAGE gel
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 100 μg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 22.2 kDa
- ELISA Matched Pair(s)
- ELISA Matched Pair-Capture Antibody: MCA6198GA ELISA Matched Pair-Detection Antibody: MCA6199B
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human NGAL||MCA6198GA||E||0.1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Mouse anti Human NGAL|
|Mouse anti Human NGAL:Biotin||MCA6199B||E||0.1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Mouse anti Human NGAL:Biotin|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up