Filter by Application:E Reset
Recombinant Human MMP-3
- Product Type
- Recombinant Protein
|Recombinant Human MMP-3
Matrix metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3), also known as stromelysin-1 (SL-1) and transin-1 is a member of the metzincins superfamily of proteases and is produced by various cells and tissues including the endothelium, vascular smooth muscle cells intima and platelets (Cui et al. 2017).
MMP-3 is largely expressed by connective and vascular tissues and cells due to its roles in extracellular matrix remodeling. It is synthesized as a pre-proenzyme before being processed to remove the signal peptide forming the 57 kDa pro-MMP-3. This is then further cleaved by proteolytic enzymes to create the 45 kDa active form.
Like other MMPs, MMP-3 plays a major role in tissue remodeling through the promotion of extracellular matrix (ECM) protein turnover. Specifically MMP-3 degrades the collagen proteins, type II, IV, IX as well as the proteoglycans elastin fibronectin and laminin (Cui et al. 2017). Through the degradation of these ECM components, growth factors and adhesion molecules, MMP-3 can modify the extracellular environment and modulate cell to cell signaling. As such, MMP-3 is implicated in synaptic plasticity through enzymatic modification of ECM constituents (Lech et al. 2019).
This recombinant Human MMP-3 can be used to create a standard curve in a sandwich ELISA with purified Mouse anti Human MMP-3 antibody, clone I08-9G7 (MCA6258GA) as a capture antibody and biotinylated Mouse anti Human MMP-3 antibody, clone G05-6A10 (MCA6259B) as the detection antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Centrifuge vial prior to reconstitution. Reconstitute to 100 µg/ml by adding 100 μl ddH2O.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. Do not vortex.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli and purified by ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH8.0, 0.15 M NaCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 1.0% Trehalose
- ≥95 % determined by coomassie blue staining of a reducing SDS-PAGE gel
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 100 μg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 21 kDa
- ELISA Matched Pair(s)
- ELISA Matched Pair-Capture Antibody: MCA6258GA ELISA Matched Pair-Detection Antibody: MCA6259B
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human MMP-3||MCA6258GA||E||0.1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Mouse anti Human MMP-3|
|Mouse anti Human MMP-3:Biotin||MCA6259B||E||0.1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Mouse anti Human MMP-3:Biotin|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0004222 metalloendopeptidase activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0030574 collagen catabolic process
- GO:0043231 intracellular membrane-bounded organelle
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up