Recombinant human interleukin 2 is an Escherichia coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to full-length mature human interleukin-2, a secreted peptide required for T-cell proliferation. This preparation has an ED50 of 0.1ng/ml as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of the proliferation of murine CTLL-2 cells.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Cynomolgus monkey Rhesus Monkey Dolphin
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified protein produced in E. coli - lyophilised
- Pack Size: 10 µgReconstitute with 0.1ml 0.1M acetic acid
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.Pack Size: 50 µgReconstitute with 0.5 ml 0.1M acetic acid. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium citrate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- 1 x 107 units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Pack Size: 10 µgTotal protein concentration 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution.Pack Size: 50 µgTotal protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 15.4kDa (134 Amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- <0.1 ng/ug
- Pack Size: 10 µgPrior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.Pack Size: 50 µgPrior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P60568 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0002903 negative regulation of B cell apoptosis
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005134 interleukin-2 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0019209 kinase activator activity
- GO:0030101 natural killer cell activation
- GO:0030217 T cell differentiation
- GO:0030307 positive regulation of cell growth
- GO:0030890 positive regulation of B cell proliferation
- GO:0032740 positive regulation of interleukin-17 production
- GO:0034105 positive regulation of tissue remodeling
- GO:0042104 positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
- GO:0042523 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
- GO:0050729 positive regulation of inflammatory response
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-2
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Functional Assays||0.1 Pack Size: 10 µg
0.1ng/ml Pack Size: 50 µg
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Recombinant Rat interleukin-2 may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with Rat anti Human IL-2 antibody, clone MQ1-17H12 (MCA1553).
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant human IL-2 may be used as a positive control for Western Blotting applications using Rabbit anti Human IL-2 antibodies (AAR38) for detection
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Human Interleukin-2||AHP1032||0.1 mg||E FN P* WB|
|Rabbit anti Human Interleukin-2:Biotin||AHP1032B||50 µg||E WB|
Product Specific References
References for IL-2
Akari, H. et al. (2000) Nef-induced major histocompatibility complex class I down-regulation is functionally dissociated from its virion incorporation, enhancement of viral infectivity, and CD4 down-regulation.
J. Virol. 74 (6): 2907 - 2912.
Chan, P.K. et al. (2010) T-cell response to human papillomavirus type 58 L1, E6 and E7 peptides in women with cleared infection, cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and invasive cancer.
Clin Vaccine Immunol. 17: 1315-21.
Doi, N. et al. (2010) Growth ability in various macaque cell lines of HIV-1 with simian cell-tropism.
J Med Invest. 57: 284-92.
Vaughan, K. et al. (2007) A DNA vaccine against dolphin morbillivirus is immunogenic in bottlenose dolphins.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 120: 260-6.
Ban, S.A. et al. (2014) Combined immunodeficiency evolving into predominant CD4+ lymphopenia caused by somatic chimerism in JAK3.
J Clin Immunol. 34 (8): 941-53.
Geoghegan, V. et al. (2015) Comprehensive identification of arginine methylation in primary T cells reveals regulatory roles in cell signalling.
Nat Commun. 6: 6758.
Yutani, S. et al. (2017) Feasibility study of personalized peptide vaccination for hepatocellular carcinoma patients refractory to locoregional therapies.
Cancer Sci. 108 (9): 1732-8.