IL-12 is produced by activated B lymphocytes and macrophages. The properties of IL-12 include the stimulation of growth of activated T lymphocytes, and actions in the development of Th1 CD4 +ve cells and CD8 +ve cytotoxic T cells. IL-12 also promotes activity and division of NK cells and promotes formation of TH1 cells producing &gamma-interferon.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 50ul sterile PBS. For extended storage, the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin is recommended.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. Do not vortex.
- Purified recombinant Human Interleukin-12 expressed in Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cells.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.2 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 75kDa (503 Amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001916 positive regulation of T cell mediated cytotoxicity
- GO:0002860 positive regulation of natural killer cell mediated cytotoxicity directed against tumor cell target
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005143 interleukin-12 receptor binding
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0050830 defense response to Gram-positive bacterium
- GO:0010224 response to UV-B
- GO:0016477 cell migration
- GO:0032496 response to lipopolysaccharide
- GO:0032700 negative regulation of interleukin-17 production
- GO:0032729 positive regulation of interferon-gamma production
- GO:0032816 positive regulation of natural killer cell activation
- GO:0034393 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell apoptosis
- GO:0042520 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat4 protein
- GO:0043514 interleukin-12 complex
- GO:0045513 interleukin-27 binding
- GO:0045785 positive regulation of cell adhesion
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0048662 negative regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0051135 positive regulation of NK T cell activation
- GO:0002230 positive regulation of defense response to virus by host
- GO:0002827 positive regulation of T-helper 1 type immune response
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0004896 cytokine receptor activity
- GO:0050829 defense response to Gram-negative bacterium
- GO:0010535 positive regulation of activation of JAK2 kinase activity
- GO:0019953 sexual reproduction
- GO:0032693 negative regulation of interleukin-10 production
- GO:0032725 positive regulation of granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor production
- GO:0032733 positive regulation of interleukin-10 production
- GO:0032735 positive regulation of interleukin-12 production
- GO:0032740 positive regulation of interleukin-17 production
- GO:0032760 positive regulation of tumor necrosis factor production
- GO:0032819 positive regulation of natural killer cell proliferation
- GO:0034105 positive regulation of tissue remodeling
- GO:0042088 T-helper 1 type immune response
- GO:0042093 T-helper cell differentiation
- GO:0042095 interferon-gamma biosynthetic process
- GO:0042104 positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
- GO:0042346 positive regulation of NF-kappaB import into nucleus
- GO:0042510 regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat1 protein
- GO:0042517 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat3 protein
- GO:0042523 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
- GO:0043382 positive regulation of memory T cell differentiation
- GO:0045078 positive regulation of interferon-gamma biosynthetic process
- GO:0045672 positive regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0050729 positive regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0051142 positive regulation of NK T cell proliferation
- GO:0070743 interleukin-23 complex
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-12
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Functional Assays||0.1||10 ng/ml|
|Western Blotting||1.5||3.0 ng/lane|
- Recombinant human IL-12 may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with either anti-human IL-12:purified (AHP779) or anti-human IL-12:biotin conjugate (AHP779B).
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant human IL-12 may be used as the positive control for western blotting applications with either anti-human IL-12:purified (AHP779) or anti-human IL-12:biotin conjugate (AHP779B).
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra