Human IgM Purified Immunoglobulin is purified IgM from myeloma serum. Assay by immunoelectrophoresis resulted in a single precipitin arc against anti-human serum and anti-human IgM (µ chain specific). No reaction was observed against anti-human IgG F(c). Some light chain cross reactivity will occur with human IgG.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified Protein - liquid
- Purified IgM prepared by delipidation, selective precipitation and tandem molecular sieve chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01871 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IGHM Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003823 antigen binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- For research purposes only
Applications of IgM
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for IgM
Litvack, M.L. et al. (2010) Natural IgM and innate immune collectin SP-D bind to late apoptotic cells and enhance their clearance by alveolar macrophages in vivo.
Mol Immunol.48: 37-47.