Defensin beta 3 (BD-3) is a cationic non-haemolytic antimicrobial peptide and member of the beta-defensin family, highly expressed by skin and tonsils, which plays an important role in the innate immune response to potentially pathogenic microbes, including multiresistant S. aureus and vancomycin-resistant E. faecium.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 20 ul 10mM acetic acid. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
N.B. For long term storage, further dilutions may be made in buffer containing 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA).
- Purified recombinant defensin beta 3 expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Exhibits chemotactic activity on monocytes
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 5.1 kDa (45 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
defense response to bacterium
positive regulation of biosynthetic process of antibacterial peptides active against Gram-positive bacteria
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Defensin Beta 3
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- PHP211 may be used in ELISA applications with AHP1802.
- Western Blotting
- PHP211 may be used under reducing or non-reducing western blotting conditions with AHP1802.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra