Defensin beta 3 (BD-3) is a cationic non-haemolytic antimicrobial peptide and member of the beta-defensin family, highly expressed by skin and tonsils, which plays an important role in the innate immune response to potentially pathogenic microbes, including multiresistant S. aureus and vancomycin-resistant E. faecium.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 20 ul 10mM acetic acid. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
N.B. For long term storage, further dilutions may be made in buffer containing 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA).
- Purified recombinant defensin beta 3 expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Exhibits chemotactic activity on monocytes
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 5.1 kDa (45 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
defense response to bacterium
positive regulation of biosynthetic process of antibacterial peptides active against Gram-positive bacteria
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Defensin Beta 3
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- PHP211 may be used in ELISA applications with AHP1802.
- Western Blotting
- PHP211 may be used under reducing or non-reducing western blotting conditions with AHP1802.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available