Defensin Beta 3
Recombinant Human Defensin Beta 3
- Product Type
- Recombinant Protein
- Defensin Beta 3
|Defensin beta 3 (BD-3) is a cationic non-haemolytic antimicrobial peptide and member of the beta-defensin family, highly expressed by skin and tonsils, which plays an important role in the innate immune response to potentially pathogenic microbes, including multiresistant S. aureus and vancomycin-resistant E. faecium.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 20 ul 10mM acetic acid. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
N.B. For long term storage, further dilutions may be made in buffer containing 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA).
- Purified recombinant defensin beta 3 expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Exhibits chemotactic activity on monocytes
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 5.1 kDa (45 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for Defensin Beta 3
Boesch, A.W. et al. (2013) A Multiplexed Assay to Detect Antimicrobial Peptides in Biological Fluids and Cell Secretions.
J Immunol Methods. pii: S0022-1759(13)00241-X.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up