Defensin Beta 3
Defensin beta 3 (BD-3) is a cationic non-haemolytic antimicrobial peptide and member of the beta-defensin family, highly expressed by skin and tonsils, which plays an important role in the innate immune response to potentially pathogenic microbes, including multiresistant S. aureus and vancomycin-resistant E. faecium.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 20ul 10mM acetic acid.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
N.B. For long term storage, further dilutions may be made in buffer containing 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA).
- Purified recombinant defensin beta 3 expressed in E.coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Exhibits chemotactic activity on monocytes.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Molecular Weight
- 5.1kD (45 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P81534 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DEFB103B Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0042742 defense response to bacterium
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0006965 positive regulation of biosynthetic process of antibacterial peptides active against Gram-positive bacteria
- For research purposes only
Applications of Defensin Beta 3
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Human Defensin Beta 3||AHP1802||0.1 mg||E WB|
Product Specific References
References for Defensin Beta 3
Boesch, A.W. et al. (2013) A Multiplexed Assay to Detect Antimicrobial Peptides in Biological Fluids and Cell Secretions.
J Immunol Methods. pii: S0022-1759(13)00241-X.