CCL24 is also known as C-C motif chemokine 24, Eotaxin-2, CK-beta-6, and MPIF-2. CCL24 is a chemokine which is induced in macophages and promotes recruitment and activation of immune cells including eosinophils, basophils, and Th2 cells by interacting with the CCR3 receptor. Therefore, CCL24 expression increases during inflammatory disease and allergic reaction, and CCL24 has been shown to perpetuate allergic reaction (Cho et al. 2016). CCL24 is involved with proinflammatory and profibrotic reactions, particularly fibrosis of the skin and lungs (Mor et al. 2019). Furthermore, CCL24 plays a role in intrahepatic fibrosis and liver damage (Segal-Salto et al. 2020). Elevated CCL24 has been associated with primary colorectal and liver metastatic tumors (Cheng et al. 2017).
This recombinant Human CCL24 can be used to create a standard curve in a sandwich ELISA with purified Mouse anti Human CCL24 antibody, clone C05-2B5 (MCA6182GA) as a capture antibody and biotinylated Mouse anti Human CCL24 antibody, clone B01-5E2 (MCA6183B) as the detection antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Centrifuge vial prior to reconstitution. Reconstitute to 100 µg/ml by adding 100 μl ddH2O.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. Do not vortex.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli and purified by ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.0, 0.15 M Sodium Chloride
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 1.0% Trehalose
- ≥90 % determined by coomassie blue staining of a reducing SDS-PAGE gel
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 100 μg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 10.5 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at -70oC. Following reconstitution store at -80oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001938 positive regulation of endothelial cell proliferation
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0030335 positive regulation of cell migration
- GO:0030838 positive regulation of actin filament polymerization
- GO:0032855 positive regulation of Rac GTPase activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of CCL24
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human CCL24||MCA6182GA||E||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Human CCL24:Biotin||MCA6183B||E||0.1 mg|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra