Serum Amyloid A
Recombinant Horse Serum Amyloid A
- Product Type
- Recombinant Protein
- Serum Amyloid A
|Recombinant Horse serum amyloid A (SAA) is a recombinant protein consisting of 120 amino acids, which includes a proprietary 10 aa tag at the N-terminus. An Escherichia coli expression system was used.
Serum amyloid A proteins are a family of acute phase proteins, produced primarily by the liver, highly conserved in vertebrate species, and used as markers of inflammation.
Equine SAA, as with serum amyloid A in other species, is present in different isoforms; this recombinant protein corresponds to isoform 1 (SAA1). Equine SAA is composed of 110 amino acids and differs from human SAA by having an 8 aa sequence insert in the central region of the sequence.
With similar biochemical properties to the native equine SAA, this reagent may be used as a standard in immunoassays for measurement of levels of horse serum amyloid A.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified by affinity and reversed-phase chromatography
- Pichia pastoris
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 13.6 kDa
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Horse Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up