IL-5 is a regulatory cytokine that induces terminal differentiation of late-developing B cells to immunoglobulin secreting cells.
There is >85% identity with feline, bovine, ovine, canine, and human IL-5 sequences at the nucleotide and protein level.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Goat Sheep
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 20 μl sterile PBS containing 0.1% carrier protein
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Pichia pastoris and purified by ion-exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 10% Trehalose
- >95% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 13.0 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005137 interleukin-5 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-5
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|