Interleukin-1α is a pleiotropic pro-inflammatory cytokine and member of the IL-1 superfamily. It is secreted by activated macrophages and monocytes and is involved in the modulation of a wide range of immune and inflammatory responses.
IL-1α and the closely related IL-1β, are both involved in haematopoiesis and exhibit many identical immunomodulatory properties, binding to the same type I interleukin-1 receptor, also known as CD121a.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 20 μl sterile PBS containing 0.1% carrier protein
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Pichia pastoris and purified by ion-exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 10% Trehalose
- >95% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 17.1 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001660 fever generation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005149 interleukin-1 receptor binding
- GO:0005507 copper ion binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0034605 cellular response to heat
- GO:0046688 response to copper ion
- GO:0051781 positive regulation of cell division
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-1 Alpha
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|