2150-0555 is purified collagen type III from bovine skin. Collagen type III occurs in most soft connective tissues. It is composed of trimers of identical alpha 1(III) chains. The chains are linked to each other by interchain disulfide bonds. Trimers are also cross-linked via hydroxylysines.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified Protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 2.0ml of 0.1M acetic acid, pH 3.0.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Isolation steps included extraction into dilute acetic acid after pepsin treatment, followed by differential salt precipitation and purification by ion-exchange chromatography.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Non-collagenous proteins are less than 0.5%. Typical contaminants are cross-linked collagen type II dimers and trimers (approximately 10%). Other collagen types constitute less than 5% by immunoassay and analytical chromatography.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 5.0mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Molecular Weight
- 300 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P04258 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- COL3A1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- For research purposes only
Applications of Collagen III
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Collagen III
Hitsumoto, Y. et al. (2013) Adhesive properties of Clostridium perfringens to extracellular matrix proteins collagens and fibronectin.
Anaerobe. pii: S1075-9964(13)00187-X.