Purified collagen type III from bovine skin. Collagen type III occurs in most soft connective tissues. It is composed of trimers of identical alpha 1(III) chains. The chains are linked to each other by interchain disulfide bonds. Trimers are also cross-linked via hydroxylysines.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified Protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 2.0 ml of 0.1M acetic acid, pH 3.0. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Isolation steps included extraction into dilute acetic acid after pepsin treatment, followed by differential salt precipitation and purification by ion-exchange chromatography.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Non-collagenous proteins are less than 0.5%. Typical contaminants are cross-linked collagen type II dimers and trimers (approximately 10%). Other collagen types constitute less than 5% by immunoassay and analytical chromatography.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 5.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 300 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Collagen III
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Collagen III
Hitsumoto, Y. et al. (2013) Adhesive properties of Clostridium perfringens to extracellular matrix proteins collagens and fibronectin.
Anaerobe. pii: S1075-9964(13)00187-X.