Collagen type III 10%
Non-collagenous proteins <0.5%
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from calf tendon - lyophilized
- Use 0.5M acetic acid, pH 3.0. Dispersed collagen have to be thoroughly homogenized in a Potter after addition of the solute and left overnight in the coldroom to dissolve.
Dissolved collagen retains immunologic properties of native collagen type I. Thermal denaturation (5 minutes at 100ºC) converts dissolved collagen to gelatin.
- Bovine collagen type I was isolated from calf tendons. Isolation steps included extraction into dilute acetic acid after pepsin treatment, followed by multiple steps of differential salt precipitation and ion-exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Essentially salt free
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Protein Molecular Weight
- ~300 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005201 extracellular matrix structural constituent
- For research purposes only
Applications of Collagen I
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra