Sheep anti Rat tyrosine hydroxylase antibody recognizes rat tyrosine 3-monooxygenase, also known as tyrosine hydroxylase or tyrosine 3-hydroxylase. Tyrosine hydroxylase is a 497 amino acid ~56 kDa enzyme involved in the production of dopamine from L-tyrosine. Tyrosine hydroxylase also catalyzes the rate-limiting step in the biosynthetic pathway of the catecholamines norepinephrine, and epinephrine. The enzyme exists as a tetramer, with each subunit composed of an N-terminal regulatory domain and a C-terminal catalytic domain. Tyrosine hydroxylase is regularly used as a marker for dopaminergic neurons.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to tyrosine hydroxylase were raised by repeated immunisations of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by immunoaffinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5, 150mM NaCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.01% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Rat Tyrosine hydroxylase purified from pheochromocytoma.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
neurotransmitter biosynthetic process
response to hypoxia
tyrosine 3-monooxygenase activity
dopamine biosynthetic process from tyrosine
ferrous iron binding
ferric iron binding
amino acid binding
response to steroid hormone stimulus
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Tyrosine Hydroxylase antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1879 detects a band of approximately 60kDa in rat caudate cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Tyrosine Hydroxylase antibody
Xu, Z.Q. et al. (1998) Immunohistochemical studies on phosphorylation of tyrosine hydroxylase in central catecholamine neurons using site- and phosphorylation state-specific antibodies.
Neuroscience. 82 (3): 727-38.
Olivas, A. et al. (2016) Myocardial Infarction Causes Transient Cholinergic Transdifferentiation of Cardiac Sympathetic Nerves via gp130.
J Neurosci. 36 (2): 479-88.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra