Tyrosine Hydroxylase antibody
Sheep anti Rat tyrosine hydroxylase antibody recognizes rat tyrosine 3-monooxygenase, also known as tyrosine hydroxylase or tyrosine 3-hydroxylase. Tyrosine hydroxylase is a 497 amino acid ~56 kDa enzyme involved in the production of dopamine from L-tyrosine. Tyrosine hydroxylase also catalyzes the rate-limiting step in the biosynthetic pathway of the catecholamines norepinephrine, and epinephrine. The enzyme exists as a tetramer, with each subunit composed of an N-terminal regulatory domain and a C-terminal catalytic domain. Tyrosine hydroxylase is regularly used as a marker for dopaminergic neurons.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mammals Expected from Sequence Rabbit
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to tyrosine hydroxylase were raised by repeated immunisations of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by immunoaffinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5, 150mM NaCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.05% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.01% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Rat Tyrosine hydroxylase purified from pheochromocytoma.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P04177 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Th Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0042136 neurotransmitter biosynthetic process
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0004511 tyrosine 3-monooxygenase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006585 dopamine biosynthetic process from tyrosine
- GO:0008021 synaptic vesicle
- GO:0008198 ferrous iron binding
- GO:0008199 ferric iron binding
- GO:0019825 oxygen binding
- GO:0016597 amino acid binding
- GO:0019717 synaptosome
- GO:0034617 tetrahydrobiopterin binding
- GO:0035240 dopamine binding
- GO:0043195 terminal button
- GO:0048545 response to steroid hormone stimulus
- GO:0051289 protein homotetramerization
- For research purposes only
Applications of Tyrosine Hydroxylase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/1000|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1879 detects a band of approximately 60kDa in rat caudate cell lysates.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||1.5 ml||C E F WB|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®549||STAR88D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®649||STAR88D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:FITC||STAR88F||1 mg||C|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||1 ml||C E P WB|
Product Specific References
References for Tyrosine Hydroxylase antibody
Xu, Z.Q. et al. (1998) Immunohistochemical studies on phosphorylation of tyrosine hydroxylase in central catecholamine neurons using site- and phosphorylation state-specific antibodies.
Neuroscience. 82 (3): 727-38.
Olivas, A. et al. (2016) Myocardial Infarction Causes Transient Cholinergic Transdifferentiation of Cardiac Sympathetic Nerves via gp130.
J Neurosci. 36 (2): 479-88.