Rabbit anti RIP3 antibody recognizes mouse serine-threonine kinase receptor-interacting protein 3 (RIP3). RIP3 is related to RIP and RIP2 but does not posses a death domain or CARD motif at its C-terminus. RIP3 activates NF-Kappa B and potently induces apoptosis.
RIP3 is expressed in a range of tissues including the spleen, liver, testis, heart, brain and lung.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to mouse RIP3 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide sequence corresponding to amino acids 473-486 of mouse RIP3.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
NF-kappaB-inducing kinase activity
induction of apoptosis
I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of RIP3 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Rat kidney
- Western Blotting
- AHP1797 detects a band of approximately 56 kDa in Mouse 3T3 whole cell lysate
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
Application Based External Images
Product Specific References
References for RIP3 antibody
Günther, C. et al. (2011) Caspase-8 regulates TNF-α-induced epithelial necroptosis and terminal ileitis.
Nature. 477: 335-9.
Meng, L. et al. (2015) RIP3-mediated necrotic cell death accelerates systematic inflammation and mortality.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 112 (35): 11007-12.
Huang, S.C. et al. (2014) Tumor necrosis factor suppresses NR5A2 activity and intestinal glucocorticoid synthesis to sustain chronic colitis.
Sci Signal. 7 (314): ra20.
Mizumura, K. et al. (2014) Mitophagy-dependent necroptosis contributes to the pathogenesis of COPD.
J Clin Invest. 124 (9): 3987-4003.
Feng, S. et al. (2007) Cleavage of RIP3 inactivates its caspase-independent apoptosis pathway by removal of kinase domain.
Cell Signal. 19 (10): 2056-67.
Mizumura, K. et al. (2018) Sphingolipid regulation of lung epithelial cell mitophagy and necroptosis during cigarette smoke exposure.
FASEB J. 32 (4): 1880-90.
Najafov, A. et al. (2019) TAM Kinases Promote Necroptosis by Regulating Oligomerization of MLKL.
Mol Cell. 75 (3): 457-468.e4.
Yu, P.W. et al. (1999) Identification of RIP3, a RIP-like kinase that activates apoptosis and NFkappaB.
Curr Biol. 9 (10): 539-42.
Sun, X., et al (1999) RIP3, a novel apoptosis-inducing kinase.
J Biol Chem. 274:16871-5.
Pazdernik, N.J., et al (1999) Mouse receptor interacting protein 3 does not contain a caspase-recruiting or a death domain but induces apoptosis and activates NF-κB.
Mol Cell Bio.19:6500-8
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra