Tryptophan Hydroxylase antibody
Sheep anti Human tryptophan hydroxylase antibody recognizes tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) which catalyses the 5-hydroxylation of tryptophan, in the first stage of indoleamine biosynthesis. Serotonin biosynthesis occurs principally in neurons which originate in the raphe nucleus of the brain, and melatonin synthesis takes place within the pineal gland.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Rabbit
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to tryptophan hydroxylase were raised by repeated immunisations of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide 0.01% Bovine Serum Albumin 50% Glycerol
- Recombinant rabbit tryptophan hydroxylase purified from E. coli.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P17752 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TPH1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0004510 tryptophan 5-monooxygenase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005506 iron ion binding
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0009072 aromatic amino acid family metabolic process
- GO:0016597 amino acid binding
- GO:0042427 serotonin biosynthetic process
- GO:0042446 hormone biosynthetic process
- For research purposes only
Applications of Tryptophan Hydroxylase antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/1000|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP930 detects a band of approximately 55kDa in human dorsal Raphe nucleus lysates.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||1.5 ml||C E F WB|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®549||STAR88D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®649||STAR88D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:FITC||STAR88F||1 mg||C|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||1 ml||C E P WB|
Product Specific References
References for Tryptophan Hydroxylase antibody
Haycock, J.W. et al. (2002) A monoclonal antibody to tryptophan hydroxylase: applications and identification of the epitope.
J Neurosci Methods. 114 (2): 205-12.