Sheep anti Human tryptophan hydroxylase antibody recognizes tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) which catalyses the 5-hydroxylation of tryptophan, in the first stage of indoleamine biosynthesis. Serotonin biosynthesis occurs principally in neurons which originate in the raphe nucleus of the brain, and melatonin synthesis takes place within the pineal gland.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to tryptophan hydroxylase were raised by repeated immunisations of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.01%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Recombinant rabbit tryptophan hydroxylase purified from E. coli.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
tryptophan 5-monooxygenase activity
iron ion binding
aromatic amino acid family metabolic process
amino acid binding
serotonin biosynthetic process
hormone biosynthetic process
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Tryptophan Hydroxylase antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP930 detects a band of approximately 55kDa in human dorsal Raphe nucleus lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Tryptophan Hydroxylase antibody
Haycock, J.W. et al. (2002) A monoclonal antibody to tryptophan hydroxylase: applications and identification of the epitope.
J Neurosci Methods. 114 (2): 205-12.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra