Tryptophan Hydroxylase antibody
Filter by Application:WB Reset
Sheep anti Tryptophan Hydroxylase
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
- Tryptophan Hydroxylase
|Sheep anti Human tryptophan hydroxylase antibody recognizes tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) which catalyses the 5-hydroxylation of tryptophan, in the first stage of indoleamine biosynthesis. Serotonin biosynthesis occurs principally in neurons which originate in the raphe nucleus of the brain, and melatonin synthesis takes place within the pineal gland.|
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Rabbit
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to tryptophan hydroxylase were raised by repeated immunisations of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide 0.01% Bovine Serum Albumin 50% Glycerol
- Recombinant rabbit tryptophan hydroxylase purified from E. coli.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/1000|
- Western Blotting
- AHP930 detects a band of approximately 55kDa in human dorsal Raphe nucleus lysates.
References for Tryptophan Hydroxylase antibody
Haycock, J.W. et al. (2002) A monoclonal antibody to tryptophan hydroxylase: applications and identification of the epitope.
J Neurosci Methods. 114 (2): 205-12.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004510 tryptophan 5-monooxygenase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005506 iron ion binding
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0009072 aromatic amino acid family metabolic process
- GO:0016597 amino acid binding
- GO:0042427 serotonin biosynthetic process
- GO:0042446 hormone biosynthetic process
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up