Encoded by SDCBP, syntenin-1 was initially identified as a molecule linking syndecan-mediated signaling to the cytoskeleton. The syntenin protein contains tandemly repeated PDZ domains that bind the cytoplasmic, C-terminal domains of a variety of transmembrane proteins. This protein may also affect cytoskeletal-membrane organization, cell adhesion, protein trafficking, and the activation of transcription factors. The protein is primarily localized to membrane-associated adherens junctions and focal adhesions but is also found at the endoplasmic reticulum and nucleus. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Goat anti Human SDCBP antibody detects a band of 32 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti SDCBP detects a band of approximately 32 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5 % BSA
- Peptide with the sequence SLEDLKVDKVIQAQ-C, from the N Terminus of the protein sequence.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0030036 actin cytoskeleton organization
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0035556 intracellular signal transduction
- GO:0005109 frizzled binding
- GO:0005137 interleukin-5 receptor binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0005856 cytoskeleton
- GO:0005895 interleukin-5 receptor complex
- GO:0005925 focal adhesion
- GO:0006612 protein targeting to membrane
- GO:0006930 substrate-dependent cell migration, cell extension
- GO:0007268 synaptic transmission
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0008093 cytoskeletal adaptor activity
- GO:0042327 positive regulation of phosphorylation
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0045545 syndecan binding
- GO:0046330 positive regulation of JNK cascade
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0047485 protein N-terminus binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SDCBP antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|