Ribosomes, the organelles that catalyze protein synthesis, consist of a small 40S subunit and a large 60S subunit. Together these subunits are composed of 4 RNA species and approximately 80 structurally distinct proteins. This gene encodes a cytoplasmic ribosomal protein that is a component of the 60S subunit. The protein belongs to the L22E family of ribosomal proteins. Its initiating methionine residue is post-translationally removed. The protein can bind specifically to Epstein-Barr virus-encoded RNAs (EBERs) 1 and 2. The mouse protein has been shown to be capable of binding to heparin. Transcript variants utilizing alternative polyA signals exist. As is typical for genes encoding ribosomal proteins, there are multiple processed pseudogenes of this gene dispersed through the genome. It was previously thought that this gene mapped to 3q26 and that it was fused to the acute myeloid leukemia 1 (AML1) gene located at 21q22 in some therapy-related myelodysplastic syndrome patients with 3;21 translocations; however, these fusions actually involve a ribosomal protein L22 pseudogene located at 3q26, and this gene actually maps to 1p36.3-p36.2 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Goat anti Human RPL22 antibody detects a band of 17 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Goat anti RPL22 detects a band of approximately 17 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-SKESYELRYFQINQ
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P35268 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- RPL22 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0022625 cytosolic large ribosomal subunit
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0003735 structural constituent of ribosome
- GO:0006414 translational elongation
- GO:0006415 translational termination
- GO:0008201 heparin binding
- GO:0019083 viral transcription
- GO:0031018 endocrine pancreas development
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of RPL22 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||1 ml||C E P WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.