The NQO1 gene is a member of the NAD(P)H dehydrogenase (quinone) family and encodes a cytoplasmic 2-electron reductase. This FAD-binding protein forms homodimers and reduces quinones to hydroquinones. This protein's enzymatic activity prevents the one electron reduction of quinones that results in the production of radical species. Mutations in NQO1 have been associated with tardive dyskinesia (TD), an increased risk of hematotoxicity after exposure to benzene, and susceptibility to various forms of cancer. Altered expression of this protein has been seen in many tumors and is also associated with Alzheimer's disease (AD). Alternate transcriptional splice variants, encoding different isoforms, have been characterized (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Goat anti Human NQO1 antibody detects a band of 29 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti NQO1 detects a band of approximately 29 kDa in A549 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5% BSA
- Synthetic peptide sequence C-SIPTDNQIKARK from the C terminus of NQO1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0003955 NAD(P)H dehydrogenase (quinone) activity
- GO:0004128 cytochrome-b5 reductase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006521 regulation of cellular amino acid metabolic process
- GO:0006805 xenobiotic metabolic process
- GO:0006809 nitric oxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0007271 synaptic transmission, cholinergic
- GO:0009636 response to toxin
- GO:0050662 coenzyme binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of NQO1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|