LRRK2 is a member of the leucine-rich repeat kinase family and encodes a protein with an ankryin repeat region, a leucine-rich repeat (LRR) domain, a kinase domain, a DFG-like motif, a RAS domain, a GTPase domain, a MLK-like domain, and a WD40 domain. The protein is present largely in the cytoplasm but also associates with the mitochondrial outer membrane. Mutations in LRRK2 have been associated with Parkinson disease-8 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Goat anti Human LRRK2 antibody detects a band of 286 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti LRRK2 detects a band of approximately 286 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5 % BSA
- Peptide with the sequence CELAEKMRRTSV, from the internal region of the protein sequence.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000186 activation of MAPKK activity
- GO:0004708 MAP kinase kinase activity
- GO:0005096 GTPase activator activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005525 GTP binding
- GO:0006979 response to oxidative stress
- GO:0007264 small GTPase mediated signal transduction
- GO:0007528 neuromuscular junction development
- GO:0008340 determination of adult lifespan
- GO:0018105 peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0031398 positive regulation of protein ubiquitination
- GO:0032473 external side of mitochondrial outer membrane
- GO:0034211 GTP-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0040012 regulation of locomotion
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043068 positive regulation of programmed cell death
- GO:0046777 protein autophosphorylation
- GO:0070997 neuron death
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of LRRK2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
New Mitochondrial Dynamics Poster
Learn about the mitochondrial fusion-division cycle and how aberrant regulation results in diseaseDownload or order your free poster