Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase antibody
Sheep anti Human Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
- Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase
|Sheep anti Human Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase antibody recognizes human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO), an enzyme that is responsible for converting tryptophan to kynurenines. IDO is expressed by a wide variety of tissues and IDO can be upregulated by interferon gamma. IDO modulates levels of the amino acid tryptophan, which is vital for cell growth, but is also involved in the suppression of the immune response. Reports suggest that IDO is involved in the suppression of the immune response to tumours and blocking the IDO pathway may be a potential target for immunotherapy.|
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Marmoset Rhesus Monkey
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Ig Fraction - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human indoleamine dioxygenase (IDO) were raised by repeated immunisation of sheep with highly purified antigen. Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 27.1 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||C E F WB||1.5 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin|
References for Indoleamine 2,3-Dioxygenase antibody
Genescà, M. et al. (2012) Live-attenuated lentivirus immunization modulates innate immunity and inflammation while protecting rhesus macaques from vaginal simian immunodeficiency virus challenge.
J Virol. 86 (17): 9188-200.
Drenzek, J.G. et al. (2008) Expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in the rhesus monkey and common marmoset.
J Reprod Immunol. 78 (2): 125-33.
von Bergwelt-Baildon, M.S. et al. (2006) CD25 and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase are up-regulated by prostaglandin E2 and expressed by tumor-associated dendritic cells in vivo: additional mechanisms of T-cell inhibition.
Blood. 108: 228-37.
Scheler, M. et al. (2007) Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO): the antagonist of type I interferon-driven skin inflammation?
Am J Pathol. 171: 1936-43.
Popov, A. et al. (2006) Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-expressing dendritic cells form suppurative granulomas following Listeria monocytogenes infection.
J Clin Invest. 116: 3160-70.
Torres, M.I. et al. (2007) Tryptophan metabolism and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase expression in coeliac disease.
Clin Exp Immunol. 148: 419-24.
Popov, A. et al. (2008) Infection of myeloid dendritic cells with Listeria monocytogenes leads to the suppression of T cell function by multiple inhibitory mechanisms.
J Immunol. 181: 4976-88.
von Bubnoff, D. et al. (2012) Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase expression in early keratocyte neoplasia of the lower lip correlates to the degree of cell atypia.
Pathol Int. 62: 105-11.
View The Latest Product References
von Bubnoff, D. et al. (2011) Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase-expressing myeloid dendritic cells and macrophages in infectious and noninfectious cutaneous granulomas.
J Am Acad Dermatol. 65 (4): 819-32.
Munn, D.H. & Mellor, A.L. (2004) IDO and tolerance to tumors.
Trends Mol Med. 10 (1): 15-8.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004833 tryptophan 2,3-dioxygenase activity
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006569 tryptophan catabolic process
- GO:0007565 female pregnancy
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- GO:0033754 indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase activity
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up