Cyclophilin A antibody
PPIA gene encodes a member of the peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase (PPIase) family. PPIases catalyze the cis-trans isomerization of proline imidic peptide bonds in oligopeptides and accelerate the folding of proteins. The encoded protein is a cyclosporin binding-protein and may play a role in cyclosporin A-mediated immunosuppression. Cyclophilin A can also interact with several HIV proteins, including p55 gag, Vpr, and capsid protein, and has been shown to be necessary for the formation of infectious HIV virions (Braaten et al. 1996). Multiple pseudogenes that map to different chromosomes have been reported (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Goat anti Human cyclophilin A antibody detects a band of 18 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cyclophilin A detects a band of approximately 18 kDa in A549 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin.
- Peptide sequence C-ERFGSRNGKTSKK
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0051082 unfolded protein binding
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0006457 protein folding
- GO:0003755 peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase activity
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006278 RNA-dependent DNA replication
- GO:0019047 provirus integration
- GO:0019061 uncoating of virus
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030260 entry into host cell
- GO:0042277 peptide binding
- GO:0045069 regulation of viral genome replication
- GO:0046790 virion binding
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of Cyclophilin A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra