Rabbit anti Human CD294 antibody recognizes CD294, also known as chemoattractant receptor homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells (CRTH2) and GRP44. CD294 is a G protein-coupled receptor which has a high affinity for prostaglandin D2 (PGD2).
CD294 is predominantly expressed on Th2 cells, basophils and eosinophils, and its activation by PDG2 mediates chemotaxis of these cells to inflammatory sites. CD294 may be a useful marker for Th2 cells, and enhances their function and signalling with a possible role in Th2 cell differentiation.
PGD2 is thought to contribute to bronchoconstriction, eosinophilia and mucus production in allergic asthma, and CD294 may contribute to this disease.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human CD294 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A synthetic peptide corresponding to an 18 amino acid sequence from near the amino terminus of human CD294 – KLH conjugated.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
N-formyl peptide receptor activity
integral to plasma membrane
prostaglandin J receptor activity
integral to membrane
prostaglandin D receptor activity
prostaglandin F receptor activity
inhibition of adenylate cyclase activity by G-protein signaling pathway
positive regulation of G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD294 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- *This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment of paraffin sections e.g. trypsin or pronase. This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.
Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human adrenal gland
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra