Carbonic Anhydrase II antibody
Mutations in the CA2 gene has been identified as the cause of osteopetrosis, autosomal recessive 3 (OPTB3), a rare disease characterized by particularly dense bone, cerebral calcification and renal tubular acidosis (Shah et al 2004).
Product identity is confirmed by double diffusion vs human CAII. No reactivity is seen in immunodiffusion against CAI.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human carbonic anhydrase II were raised by repeated immunisation of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Glycine buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1 mM EDTA
- Purified human carbonic anhydrase II (CAII) prepared from erythrocytes.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004089 carbonate dehydratase activity
- GO:0006730 one-carbon metabolic process
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0045177 apical part of cell
- For research purposes only
Applications of Carbonic Anhydrase II antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- Sheep anti human carbonic anyhdrase II recognises a band of ~18kDa in rat adrenomedullary chromaffin cell lysates, see Salman et al. for details.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||C E F WB||1.5 ml|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||F IF||0.1 mg|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
Product Specific References
References for Carbonic Anhydrase II antibody
Toye, A.M. et al. (2002) Band 3 Walton, a C-terminal deletion associated with distal renal tubular acidosis, is expressed in the red cell membrane but retained internally in kidney cells.
Blood. 99 (1): 342-7.
Garcia, A.D. et al. (2010) Sonic hedgehog regulates discrete populations of astrocytes in the adult mouse forebrain.
J Neurosci. 30: 13597-608.
Doyle, K.P. et al.. (2010) TGFβ signaling in the brain increases with aging and signals to astrocytes and innate immune cells in the weeks after stroke.
J Neuroinflammation. 7: 62.
Alvarez, B.V. et al. (2005) Metabolon disruption: a mechanism that regulates bicarbonate transport.
EMBO J. 24: 2499-511.
Tzartos, J.S. et al. (2008) Interleukin-17 production in central nervous system-infiltrating T cells and glial cells is associated with active disease in multiple sclerosis.
Am J Pathol. 172: 146-55.
Sudarov, A. et al. (2011) Ascl1 genetics reveals insights into cerebellum local circuit assembly.
J Neurosci. 31: 11055-69.
Salman, S. et al. (2013) Chronic exposure of neonatal rat adrenomedullary chromaffin cells to opioids in vitro blunts both hypoxia and hypercapnia chemosensitivity.
J Physiol. 591 (Pt 2): 515-29.
Salman, S. et al. (2014) Chronic opioids regulate KATP channel subunit Kir6.2 and carbonic anhydrase I and II expression in rat adrenal chromaffin cells via HIF-2α and protein kinase A.
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 307: C266-77.
Gailly, P. et al. (2008) A novel renal carbonic anhydrase type III plays a role in proximal tubule dysfunction.
Kidney Int. 74 (1): 52-61.
Sterling, D. et al. (2002) The functional and physical relationship between the DRA bicarbonate transporter and carbonic anhydrase II.
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 283 (5): C1522-9.
Alvarez, L. et al. (2001) Carbonic anhydrase II associated with plasma membrane in a human pancreatic duct cell line (CAPAN-1).
J Histochem Cytochem. 49 (8): 1045-53.
Alvarez, B.V. et al. (2003) Direct extracellular interaction between carbonic anhydrase IV and the human NBC1 sodium/bicarbonate co-transporter.
Biochemistry. 42 (42): 12321-9.
Sterling, D. et al. (2002) The extracellular component of a transport metabolon. Extracellular loop 4 of the human AE1 Cl-/HCO3- exchanger binds carbonic anhydrase IV.
J Biol Chem. 277 (28): 25239-46.
Long, K.L.P. et al. (2021) Regional gray matter oligodendrocyte- and myelin-related measures are associated with differential susceptibility to stress-induced behavior in rats and humans.
Transl Psychiatry. 11 (1): 631.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra