APEX1 acts on apurinic/apyrimidinic (AP) sites in DNA as a major member of the base excision repair (BER) pathway and is involved in oxidative DNA damage repair. It is responsible for the maintenance of the cellular proliferative rate, and acts by modulating DNA binding activity of several transcription factors including NFkB, Egr-1, p53, AP-1, CREB, HIF-alpha and members of the Pax family. APEX1 has been shown to regulate hsp90 expression in thyroid cancer cells, in a novel tumorigenic pathway. APEX1 is also required in normal embryonic hematopoiesis.
Goat anti Human APEX1 antibody detects APEX1 as a single band of 35 kDa in a wide range of human cell line lysates tested.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Goat anti APEX1 detects a band of approximately 35 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide with sequence PKRGKKGAVAEDGD-C from the N terminus of the protein sequence.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003684 damaged DNA binding
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0003714 transcription corepressor activity
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0003906 DNA-(apurinic or apyrimidinic site) lyase activity
- GO:0005739 mitochondrion
- GO:0004523 ribonuclease H activity
- GO:0004528 phosphodiesterase I activity
- GO:0004844 uracil DNA N-glycosylase activity
- GO:0005783 endoplasmic reticulum
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005840 ribosome
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0016491 oxidoreductase activity
- GO:0006284 base-excision repair
- GO:0006310 DNA recombination
- GO:0008408 3'-5' exonuclease activity
- GO:0016607 nuclear speck
- GO:0016890 site-specific endodeoxyribonuclease activity, specific for altered base
- GO:0031490 chromatin DNA binding
- GO:0043488 regulation of mRNA stability
- GO:0045739 positive regulation of DNA repair
- GO:0045768 positive regulation of anti-apoptosis
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of APEX1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra