Sheep anti Human Lactalbumin
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
|Sheep anti Human lactalbumin antibody detects human alpha-lactalbumin, a small Ca2+ binding protein, the predominant protein found in human milk. Alpha-lactalbumin forms the regulatory subunit of the lactose synthase complex, with beta 1,4-galactosyltransferase forming the catalytic component. Lactose synthase catalyzes and regulates the biosynthesis of lactose in the lactating mammary gland.
A folding variant of alpha-lactalbumin called HAMLET (human alpha-lactalbumin made lethal to tumor cells), has been shown to selectively kill tumor cells and control tumor progression in vivo.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Weak
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Serum - liquid
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Lactalbumin from human milk.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
References for alpha-Lactalbumin antibody
Gustafsson, L. et al. (2005) HAMLET kills tumor cells by apoptosis: structure, cellular mechanisms, and therapy.
J Nutr. 135 (5): 1299-303.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0042742 defense response to bacterium
- GO:0004461 lactose synthase activity
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005989 lactose biosynthetic process
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up