Alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody
Alpha 2 macroglobulin is a protease inhibitor and cytokine transporter. It inhibits many proteases, including trypsin, thrombin and collagenase. Alpha 2 macroglobulin is implicated in Alzheimer disease (AD) due to its ability to mediate the clearance and degradation of A-beta, the major component of beta-amyloid deposits (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Sheep anti Human alpha 2 macroglobulin antibody detects a band of 180 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti alpha 2 macroglobulin detects a band of approximately 180 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Sheep polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified human alpha 2 macroglobulin
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001869 negative regulation of complement activation, lectin pathway
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004867 serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005096 GTPase activator activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007264 small GTPase mediated signal transduction
- GO:0007597 blood coagulation, intrinsic pathway
- GO:0019899 enzyme binding
- GO:0019959 interleukin-8 binding
- GO:0019966 interleukin-1 binding
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0043120 tumor necrosis factor binding
- GO:0051056 regulation of small GTPase mediated signal transduction
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Alpha 2 Macroglobulin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):HRP||5184-2504||C E WB||2 mg|