Sheep anti Human serum albumin antibody recognizes human albumin, a soluble protein which constitutes approximately 50% of blood serum protein, acting as a regulator of blood colloidal osmotic pressure and hence blood volume. Albumin is also an important transporter of substances within the bloodstream, such as fatty acids, thyroid hormones, metal ions and steroids.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human albumin were raised by repeated immunisations of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Native human serum albumin, 99% pure as assayed by agarose electrophoresis.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Albumin antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra