Sheep anti Guinea Pig Calretinin
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
|Sheep anti calretinin antibody recognizes calretinin, a ~29 kDa calcium binding protein found mostly in the central nervous system and retina. It is a cytoplasmic protein involved in the regulation of calcium concentration, which is important in the regulation of a large variety of neuronal functions, including neurotransmitter release, ionic channel permeability, enzyme activity, and gene transcription. Mice deficient in calretinin show impairment in motor coordination.
Calretinin is a sensitive and specific marker for mast cells.
- Target Species
- Guinea Pig
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Human Expected from Sequence Mouse Expected from Sequence Primate Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Calretinin were raised by repeated immunisations of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by Protein A chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Purified guinea pig calretinin
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/500|
- Western Blotting
- AHP1870 detects a band of approximately 29kDa in rat cerebellum.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up