MHC Class II DQ DR Polymorphic antibody | 49.1
The major histocompatibility complex (MHC) is a cluster of genes some of which are important in the immune response to infection. In sheep, this complex is referred to as the ovine leukocyte antigen (OLA) region. There are 2 major types of MHC class IIa molecules encoded by the OLA which are DR and DQ each composed of an alpha and beta chain.
Mouse anti Sheep MHC class II Dq DR antibody, clone 49.1 recognizes ovine MHC II transfectants DQ - T28.1, DQ - T26.2 and DR - T31.3 but not DR - T8.1 (Ballingall et al. 1995).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Goat Human Bovine
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Fluorescein Isothiocyanate Isomer 1 (FITC) - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide 1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of MHC Class II DQ DR Polymorphic antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1 x 106 cells in 100ul.
Negative Isotype Controls Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse IgG2a Negative Control:FITC||MCA929F||F||100 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for MHC Class II DQ DR Polymorphic antibody
Puri, N.K. et al. (1987) Monoclonal antibodies to sheep MHC class I and class II molecules: biochemical characterization of three class I gene products and four distinct subpopulations of class II molecules.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 15 (1-2): 59-86.
Puri, N.K. & Brandon, M.R. (1987) Sheep MHC class II molecules. II. Identification and characterization of four distinct subsets of sheep MHC class II molecules.
Immunology. 62 (4): 575-80.
Puri, N.K. et al. (1987) Monoclonal antibodies to sheep MHC class II molecules recognize all HLA-D or subsets of HLA-D region products.
Hum Immunol. 20 (3): 195-207.
Ballingall, K.T. et al. (1995) Analysis of the fine specificities of sheep major histocompatibility complex class II-specific monoclonal antibodies using mouse L-cell transfectants.
Anim Genet. 26 (2): 79-84.
Kallapur, S.G. et al. (2011) Pulmonary and systemic inflammatory responses to intra-amniotic IL-1α in fetal sheep.
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 301 (3): L285-95.
Gorrell, M.D. et al. (1988) Lymphocyte phenotypes in the intestinal mucosa of sheep infected with Trichostrongylus colubriformis.
Clin Exp Immunol. 72 (2): 274-9.
Stenfeldt, C. et al. (2015) Clinical and virological dynamics of a serotype O 2010 South East Asia lineage foot-and-mouth disease virus in sheep using natural and simulated natural inoculation and exposure systems.
Vet Microbiol. 178 (1-2): 50-60.
Stenfeldt, C. et al. (2015) Pathogenesis of Primary Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus Infection in the Nasopharynx of Vaccinated and Non-Vaccinated Cattle.
PLoS One. 10 (11): e0143666.
Stenfeldt, C. et al. (2016) The Foot-and-Mouth Disease Carrier State Divergence in Cattle.
J Virol. 90 (14): 6344-64.
Stenfeldt, C. et al. (2019) Virulence beneath the fleece; a tale of foot-and-mouth disease virus pathogenesis in sheep.
PLoS One. 14 (12): e0227061.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra