Tubulin Beta antibody | TU-13
The evolutionarily conserved heterodimer tubulin, made up of a tubulin alpha and beta chain, binds two molecules of GTP, one at a non-exchangeable site on the alpha chain and one at an exchangeable site on the beta chain. Only the beta chain possesses GTPase activity however, hydrolysing GTP to GDP, and influencing the stability of the dimer within the microtubule.
Mouse anti Pig Tubulin beta antibody, clone TU-13 partially inhibits microtubule assembly in vitro (Draber, P. et al.). Mouse anti Pig Tubulin beta antibody, clone TU-13 has also been successfully employed for the demonstration of neuronal cells in mouse brain by immunohistochemistry on floating sections (Nováková et al. 1997).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human Plants Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgM - liquid
- Purified IgM prepared by ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Tubulin beta from porcine brain.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P02554 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003924 GTPase activity
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005525 GTP binding
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0005874 microtubule
- GO:0007018 microtubule-based movement
- GO:0051258 protein polymerization
- For research purposes only
Applications of Tubulin Beta antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
- Western Blotting
- MCA2703 detects a band of approximately 50kDa in human RAJI and mouse EL4 cell lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Human anti Mouse IgM:FITC||HCA040F||F||0.1 mg|
|Goat anti Mouse IgM:Alk. Phos.(Human Adsorbed)||STAR138A||C E P WB||1 ml|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG/A/M:Alk. Phos.||STAR87A||C E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG/A/M:HRP (Human Adsorbed)||STAR87P||E||1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for Tubulin Beta antibody
Dráber, P. et al. (1990) Inhibition of microtubule assembly in vitro by anti-tubulin monoclonal antibodies.
FEBS Lett. 262 (2): 209-11.
Bataveljić D et al. (2012) Changes in the astrocytic aquaporin-4 and inwardly rectifying potassium channel expression in the brain of the amyotrophic lateral sclerosis SOD1(G93A) rat model.
Glia. 60 (12): 1991-2003.
Krauhs, E. et al. (1981) Complete amino acid sequence of beta-tubulin from porcine brain.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 78 (7): 4156-60.