TIM-2 antibody | RMT2-25
Filter by Application:F Reset
Rat anti Mouse TIM-2
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Rat anti Mouse TIM-2 antibody, clone RMT2-25 recognizes mouse Tim-2 (T-cell immunoglobulin mucin 2), a transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the immunoglobulin superfamily, expressed by activated lymphocytes, developmentally in the 8-cell embryo and blastocyst, and preferentially up-regulated in Th2 cells and down-regulated in Th1 cells.
Tim-2 acts as a negative regulator of Th2 cells, and is implicated in the development of atopic disease and other Th2-biased immune responses. Tim-2 also acts as a receptor for Semaphorin 4A, a transmembrane protein expressed on dendritic cells and B cells, which plays a role in the guidance of axonal migration during neuronal development, and has been shown to enhance T cell activation (Suzuki et al. 2007).
Signaling by Tim-2 influences the proliferation and antibody production of B cells, during early phase collagen-induced arthritis and Rat anti Mouse TIM-2 antibody, clone RMT2-25 enhances the proliferation of stimulated splenic B cells in vitro (Kawamoto et al. 2011).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- Tim-2-Ig, consisting of amino acids 1-230 of mouse Tim-2, coupled with the Fc portion of mouse IgG2a.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Lymph node cells from immunized Sprague Dawley rats were fused with cells of the P3U1 myeloma cell line.
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
- Western Blotting
- Clone RMT2-25 recognises a band of approximately 55kDa in Tim-2/L5178Y cells under non-reducing conditions.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rat IgG2a Negative Control||MCA1212||E F||1 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rat IgG2a Negative Control|
References for TIM-2 antibody
Kawamoto, T. et al. (2011) Anti-T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain-2 monoclonal antibody exacerbates collagen-induced arthritis by stimulating B cells.
Arthritis Res. Ther. 13: R47
Freeman, G.J. et al. (2010) TIM genes: a family of cell surface phosphatidylserine receptors that regulate innate and adaptive immunity.
Immunol Rev. 235 (1): 172-89.
- T Cell Immunoglobulin Mucin 2
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Mouse Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up