Human anti Human DJ-1 antibody, clone AbD03055
recognizes the human DJ-1 oncogene only when it is oxidized on cysteine C106. DJ-1 plays roles in transcriptional regulation and reaction to anti-oxidative stress. The oxidation status of DJ-1, particularly at C106, modulates the function of DJ-1 (Canet-Avilés et al. 2004
). De-regulation of DJ-1 oxidation appears to be connected to the onset of conditions such as Parkinson's Disease (Abou-Sleiman et al. 2003
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library. Expressed in E. coli and purified using NiNTA affinity chromatography. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- DJ-1 peptide oxidized at C106 (sequence LIAAIC(SO3)AGPTA).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
negative regulation of protein binding
regulation of androgen receptor signaling pathway
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
By purchasing this product, you agree that your Name and Affiliation will be sent to Dr. Ariga, Hokkaido University, who first published this antibody in the journal Neuroscience Letters (Vol. 404, pp.166-169, 2006).
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of DJ-1 antibody
|Western Blotting 1
- 1Detection via the Histidine Tag is recommended for Western Blotting applications. Bio-Rad suggest product MCA5995P for this purpose
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Application Based External Images
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra