DJ-1 antibody | AbD03055
Filter by Application:WB E Reset
Human anti Human DJ-1 (Oxidized at C106)
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- HuCAL Fab bivalent
- (OXIDIZED AT C106)
|Human anti Human DJ-1 antibody, clone AbD03055 recognizes the human DJ-1 oncogene only when it is oxidized on cysteine C106. DJ-1 plays roles in transcriptional regulation and reaction to anti-oxidative stress. The oxidation status of DJ-1, particularly at C106, modulates the function of DJ-1 (Canet-Avilés et al. 2004). De-regulation of DJ-1 oxidation appears to be connected to the onset of conditions such as Parkinson's Disease (Abou-Sleiman et al. 2003).|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL GOLD phage display library. Expressed in E. coli and purified using NiNTA affinity chromatography. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- DJ-1 peptide oxidized at C106 (sequence LIAAIC(SO3)AGPTA).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
By purchasing this product, you agree that your Name and Affiliation will be sent to Dr. Ariga, Hokkaido University, who first published this antibody in the journal Neuroscience Letters (Vol. 404, pp.166-169, 2006).
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting 1|
- 1Detection via the Histidine Tag is recommended for Western Blotting applications. Bio-Rad suggest product MCA5995P for this purpose
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual.
Ooe, H. et al. (2006) Establishment of specific antibodies that recognize C106-oxidized DJ-1.
Neurosci Lett. 404 (1-2): 166-9.
References for DJ-1 antibody
Andres-Mateos, E. et al. (2007) DJ-1 gene deletion reveals that DJ-1 is an atypical peroxiredoxin-like peroxidase.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 104 (37): 14807-12.
Zhang C et al. (2008) Role of NonO-histone interaction in TNFalpha-suppressed prolyl-4-hydroxylase alpha1.
Biochim Biophys Acta. 1783 (8): 1517-28.
Bitar, M.S. et al. (2012) Decline in DJ-1 and decreased nuclear translocation of Nrf2 in Fuchs endothelial corneal dystrophy.
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 53 (9): 5806-13.
Shadrach KG et al. (2013) DJ-1-dependent regulation of oxidative stress in the retinal pigment epithelium (RPE).
PLoS One. 8 (7): e67983.
Kim, J. et al. (2015) DJ-1 protects against undernutrition-induced atrophy through inhibition of the MAPK-ubiquitin ligase pathway in myoblasts.
Life Sci. 143: 50-7.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0008219 cell death
- GO:0032091 negative regulation of protein binding
- GO:0060765 regulation of androgen receptor signaling pathway
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro. research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up