Human anti Human DJ-1 antibody, clone AbD03055
recognizes the human DJ-1 oncogene only when it is oxidized on cysteine C106. DJ-1 plays roles in transcriptional regulation and reaction to anti-oxidative stress. The oxidation status of DJ-1, particularly at C106, modulates the function of DJ-1 (Canet-Avilés et al. 2004
). De-regulation of DJ-1 oxidation appears to be connected to the onset of conditions such as Parkinson's Disease (Abou-Sleiman et al. 2003
- Target Species
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library. Expressed in E. coli and purified using NiNTA affinity chromatography. This Fab fragment is dimerized via a helix-turn-helix motif. The antibody is tagged with a myc-tag (EQKLISEEDL) and a his-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- DJ-1 peptide oxidized at C106 (sequence LIAAIC(SO3)AGPTA).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
negative regulation of protein binding
regulation of androgen receptor signaling pathway
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents.
By purchasing this product, you agree that your Name and Affiliation will be sent to Dr. Ariga, Hokkaido University, who first published this antibody in the journal Neuroscience Letters (Vol. 404, pp.166-169, 2006). His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of DJ-1 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Application Based External Images