CD16 antibody | KD1
Filter by Application:F Reset
Mouse anti Human CD16:Alexa Fluor® 647
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Mouse anti Human CD16 antibody, clone KD1 recognizes human CD16, a 50-65 kDa cell surface molecule, which is the low affinity receptor for IgG (FcR III). CD16 exists as a transmembranous form (Fc gammaRIIIA, or CD16A) and a glycosyl phosphatidylinositol (GPI) anchored form (Fc gammaRIIIB, or CD16B). CD16A is expressed by NK cells, some T cells, and macrophages (Moretta et al. 1990), whereas CD16B is primarily expressed by granulocytes (Bonecchi et al. 1999). Clone KD1 recognizes both forms of CD16 and will therefore recognize all cell types expressing CD16.
Mouse anti Human CD16, clone KD1 can be used to identify CD16 in a range of species including bovine (Boysen et al. 2010) and ovine (Elhmouzi-Younes et al. 2010).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Bovine Sheep Horse Weak Pig Weak Rat Dog Dolphin
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor 647 - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- A polyclonal population of NK cells.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.05 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised mice were fused with cells of the P3U1 myeloma cell line.
- Max Ex/Em
Fluorophore Excitation Max (nm) Emission Max (nm) Alexa Fluor®647 650 665
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product is provided under an intellectual property licence from Life Technologies Corporation. The transfer of this product is contingent on the buyer using the purchased product solely in research, excluding contract research or any fee for service research, and the buyer must not sell or otherwise transfer this product or its components for (a) diagnostic, therapeutic or prophylactic purposes; (b) testing, analysis or screening services, or information in return for compensation on a per-test basis; (c) manufacturing or quality assurance or quality control, or (d) resale, whether or not resold for use in research. For information on purchasing a license to this product for purposes other than as described above, contact Life Technologies Corporation, 5791 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad CA 92008 USA or firstname.lastname@example.org
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra
References for CD16 antibody
Moretta, A. et al. (1989) CD16 surface molecules regulate the cytolytic function of CD3CD16+ human natural killer cells.
Int J Cancer. 44 (4): 727-30.
Ciccone, E. et al. (1990) Specific recognition of human CD3-CD16+ natural killer cells requires the expression of an autosomic recessive gene on target cells.
J Exp Med. 172 (1): 47-52.
Zocchi, M.R. et al. (1998) HIV-1 Tat inhibits human natural killer cell function by blocking L-type calcium channels.
J Immunol. 161: 2938-43.
Hernández-Caselles, T. et al. (2006) A study of CD33 (SIGLEC-3) antigen expression and function on activated human T and NK cells: two isoforms of CD33 are generated by alternative splicing.
J Leukoc Biol. 79: 46-58.
Boysen, P. et al. (2008) Natural killer cells in lymph nodes of healthy calves express CD16 and show both cytotoxic and cytokine-producing properties.
Dev Comp Immunol. 32: 773-83.
Connelley, T. et al. (2011) NKp46 defines ovine cells that have characteristics corresponding to NK cells.
Vet Res. 42: 37.
Gibson, A.J. et al. (2016) Differential macrophage function in Brown Swiss and Holstein Friesian cattle.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 181: 15-23.
Pomeroy, B. et al. (2016) Longitudinal characterization of bovine monocyte-derived dendritic cells from mid-gestation into subsequent lactation reveals nadir in phenotypic maturation and macrophage-like cytokine profile in late gestation.
J Reprod Immunol. 118: 1-8.
View The Latest Product References
Elnaggar, M.M. et al. (2017) Identification of monoclonal antibodies cross-reactive with bottlenose dolphin orthologues of the major histocompatibility complex and leukocyte differentiation molecules.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 192: 54-9.
Pomeroy, B. et al. (2017) Counts of bovine monocyte subsets prior to calving are predictive for postpartum occurrence of mastitis and metritis.
Vet Res. 48 (1): 13.
Elnaggar, M.M. et al. (2019) Pattern of CD14, CD16, CD163 and CD172a expression on water buffalo (Bubalus bubalis.) leukocytes.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 211: 1-5.
Liu, J. et al. (2020) Theileria annulata. transformation altered cell surface molecules expression and endocytic function of monocyte-derived dendritic cells.
Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 11 (3): 101365.
Kolar, Q.K. et al. (2020) Anatomical distribution of respiratory tract leukocyte cell subsets in neonatal calves.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 227: 110090.
Park, D.S. et al. (2021) Dynamic changes in blood immune cell composition and function in Holstein and Jersey steers in response to heat stress.
Cell Stress Chaperones. 26 (4): 705-20.
Fiorenza, M.F. et al. (2021) Neutrophils recognize and amplify IFNT signals derived from day 7 bovine embryo for stimulation of ISGs expression in vitro.: A possible implication for the early maternal recognition of pregnancy.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 553: 37-43.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0004872 receptor activity
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0031225 anchored to membrane
- GO:0019864 IgG binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0050776 regulation of immune response
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up