CD8 Alpha antibody | Du CD8-1
Since the majority of avian immune studies have been carried out on chickens, relatively little is known about the immune system of ducks, though there is a resemblance between the main lymphoid organs: the spleen, thymus and bursa of Fabricius. At the cellular level, studies have shown that like mammalian T cells, duck lymphocytes are responsive to phytohaemagglutinin (PHA).
Double-staining with clone Du CD8-1 and MCA2480 Mouse anti Duck IgY light chain clone 14A3 revealed the presence of a CD8high /14A3- cytotoxic T cell population and a CD8low/14A3+ B cell population in duck spleen and also revealed a high percentage of CD8+/14A3+ cells in duck bursa (Kothlow et al. 1985). Mouse anti Duck CD8 alpha antibody, clone Du CD8-1 has been shown to not react with Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Chicken
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- 293T cells expressing Pekin Duck CD8 alpha.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised Balb/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 mouse myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD8 Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry||1||10 ug/ml|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):FITC (Multi Species Adsorbed)||STAR117F||F||0.5 mg|
Product Specific References
References for CD8 Alpha antibody
Kothlow, S. et al. (2005) Characterization of duck leucocytes by monoclonal antibodies.
Dev Comp Immunol. 29 (8): 733-48.
Yu, X. et al. (2012) Attenuated Salmonella typhimurium delivering DNA vaccine encoding duck enteritis virus UL24 induced systemic and mucosal immune responses and conferred good protection against challenge.
Vet Res. 43: 56.
Lian, B. et al. (2011) Induction of immune responses in ducks with a DNA vaccine encoding duck plague virus glycoprotein C.
Virol J. 8: 214.
Chen, S. et al. (2015) Age-related development and tissue distribution of T cell markers (CD4 and CD8a) in Chinese goose.
Immunobiology. 220 (6): 753-61.
Chen, S. et al. (2015) Immunobiological activity and antiviral regulation efforts of Chinese goose (Anser cygnoides) CD8α during NGVEV and GPV infection.
Poult Sci. 94 (1): 17-24.
Chen, S. et al. (2016) Immune-Related Gene Expression Patterns in GPV- or H9N2-Infected Goose Spleens.
Int J Mol Sci. 17 (12): .
Cornelissen, J.B. et al. (2013) Differences in highly pathogenic avian influenza viral pathogenesis and associated early inflammatory response in chickens and ducks.
Avian Pathol. 42 (4): 347-64.
Wu,Y. et al. (2019) Changes in the small intestine mucosal immune barrier in Muscovy ducklings infected with Muscovy duck reovirus
Veterinary Microbiology. [Epub ahead of print].
Higgins, D.A. & Teoh, C.S. (1988) Duck lymphocytes. II. Culture conditions for optimum transformation response to phytohaemagglutinin.
J Immunol Methods. 106 (1): 135-45.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra