TNF Alpha antibody | CC328
The production of TNF alpha is induced by a variety of factors, dependant upon cell type and includes bacterial toxins, IL-1, PDGF, IFN-beta, NGF, Oncostatin M and viral infections. The presence of TNF alpha is responsible for diverse immunomodulatory, anti-tumour and toxic effects and under certain conditions is also capable of self-stimulation and inhibition.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Sheep
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant bovine TNF alpha.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- For research purposes only
Applications of TNF Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Biotinylated Mouse anti Bovine TNF alpha antibody, clone CC328 may be used as a detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA for bovine TNF alpha in combination with Mouse anti Bovine TNFα antibody, clone CC327 (MCA2334) as capture reagent. Recombinant Bovine TNFα (PBP005) may be used as a standard.
Product Specific References
References for TNF Alpha antibody
Hope, J.C. et al. (2003) Maturation of bovine dendritic cells by lipopeptides.
Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 95: 21-31.
Whelan, A.O. et al. (2003) Modulation of the bovine delayed-type hypersensitivity responses to defined mycobacterial antigens by a synthetic bacterial lipopeptide.
Infect Immun. 71 (11): 6420-5.
Guergnon J et al. (2003) A tumour necrosis factor alpha autocrine loop contributes to proliferation and nuclear factor-kappaB activation of Theileria parva-transformed B cells.
Cell Microbiol. 5 (10): 709-16.
Kwong, L.S. et al. (2010) Production and characterization of two monoclonal antibodies to bovine tumour necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) and their cross-reactivity with ovine TNF-alpha.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 135 (3-4): 320-4.
Sow, F.B. et al. (2011) Respiratory syncytial virus is associated with an inflammatory response in lungs and architectural remodeling of lung-draining lymph nodes of newborn lambs.
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 300 (1): L12-24.
Simojoki, H. et al. (2011) Innate immune response in experimentally induced bovine intramammary infection with Staphylococcus simulans and S. epidermidis.
Vet Res. 42: 49.
Redondo, E. et al. (2014) Induction of interleukin-8 and interleukin-12 in neonatal ovine lung following experimental inoculation of bovine respiratory syncytial virus.
J Comp Pathol. 150 (4): 434-48.
Camejo, M.I. et al. (2014) TNF-alpha in bulls experimentally infected with Trypanosoma vivax: a pilot study.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 162 (3-4): 192-7.
Rodrigues, V. et al. (2017) Development of a bead-based multiplexed assay for simultaneous quantification of five bovine cytokines by flow cytometry.
Cytometry A. 91 (9): 901-7.
Castel, A. et al. (2021) Recording and manipulation of vagus nerve electrical activity in chronically instrumented unanesthetized near term fetal sheep.
J Neurosci Methods. 360: 109257.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra