IFN-gamma is produced by lymphocytes in response to activation by specific antigens or mitogens. In addition to its anti-viral activity, IFN-gamma has important immunoregulatory functions in the activation of macrophages and anti-proliferative effects upon transformed cells.
- Intended Use
- Bovine Interferon gamma ELISA KIt (MCA5638KZZ) is an ELISA kit (5 x 96 wells) designed for the quantitive determination of bovine interferon gamma (BoIFN-gamma) in bovine serum, plasma and culture supernatant.
This assay can measure BoIFN-gamma in the range 0.025-50 ng/ml in bovine serum, plasma and culture supernatant. Detailed instructions for use of the kit can be found here.
- Target Species
- Reagents in the Kit
- 96 well microtiter plates x 5
Microplate adhesive sealers x 5
Coating antibody - 1vial (MCA5638KZZA)
Coating Buffer - 1 vial (5 x concentrated)
Detection antibody – Biotin conjugated - 1 vial (MCA5638KZZC)
Streptavidin:HRP conjugate - 1 vial (MCA5638KZZD)
TMB Substrate 1 vial
Bovine IFN gamma standard (400ng/ml – Lyophilized) 1 vial (MCA5638KZZB)
- Test Principle
- This assay is based on a sandwich ELISA using two different mouse anti bovine IFN-gamma monoclonal antibodies and a recombinant bovine IFN-gamma as a standard.
- Additional Reagents Required
- The following additional reagents and Equipment are also required for successful use of this kits BUT ARE NOT CONTAINED WITHIN THIS KIT
Wash buffer (available from Bio-Rad, BUF031A, or see kit insert for recipe)
Blocking solution (available from Bio-Rad, Catalogue Code: BUF032A, or see kit insert for recipe)
Stop Solution (see kit insert for recipe)
Distilled or Deionised water
Plate reader with 450nm reading capacity
Pipettes for dispensing up to 250ul
Tubes for preparing standard and sample dilutions.
- Prior to use store all kit components at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE. Please view the handbook for further details.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. This Kit contains components that are photosensitive and should be protected from light. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature components within this kit.
The contents of this kit should be stored undiluted. Should components within this kit contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch
- P07353 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IFNG Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005133 interferon-gamma receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- This kit and its components are Research Use Only. Not for Therapeutic or Diagnostic use.
Applications of IFN Gamma
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/MCA5638KZZ.pdf
Product Specific References
References for IFN Gamma
Doherty, R. et al. (2013) Epigenetic regulation of the innate immune response to LPS in bovine peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC)
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. Aug 15;154: 102-10.
Redondo, E. et al. (2014) Induction of Interleukin-8 and Interleukin-12 in Neonatal Ovine Lung Following Experimental Inoculation of Bovine Respiratory Syncytial Virus.
J Comp Pathol. 150: 434-48.
Truong, T. et al. (2014) Peste des petits ruminants virus tissue tropism and pathogenesis in sheep and goats following experimental infection.
PLoS One. 9: e87145.
Blodörn, K. et al. (2015) A bovine respiratory syncytial virus model with high clinical expression in calves with specific passive immunity.
BMC Vet Res. 11: 76.
Blodörn, K. et al. (2014) Vaccine safety and efficacy evaluation of a recombinant bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV) with deletion of the SH gene and subunit vaccines based on recombinant human RSV proteins: N-nanorings, P and M2-1, in calves with maternal antibodies.
PLoS One. 9 (6): e100392.
Beechler, B.R. et al. (2017) Host immunity, nutrition and coinfection alter longitudinal infection patterns of schistosomes in a free ranging African buffalo population.
PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 11 (12): e0006122.
Shaw, A.E. et al. (2017) Fundamental properties of the mammalian innate immune system revealed by multispecies comparison of type I interferon responses.
PLoS Biol. 15 (12): e2004086.
Takeet, M.I. et al. (2016) Differential IFN-Gamma (IFN-γ), Interleukin 10 (IL-10) and Cardiac Troponin I (cTnI) Responses in Natural Bovine Trypanosomosis in Nigeria
Open Journal of Veterinary Medicine. 06 (07): 105-111.
Kolb, E.A. et al. (2019) Protection against bovine respiratory syncytial virus in calves vaccinated with adjuvanted modified live vaccine administered in the face of maternal antibody.
Vaccine. Oct 24 [Epub ahead of print].