HuCAL Fab-FSx2 negative control, clone AbD08968 is a recombinant Fab antibody fragment in the format Fab-FSx2 with specificity for green fluorescent protein (GFP). It has no known reactivity with mammalian proteins or other antigens. It has been tested by ELISA for specificity to GFP, but has not been tested in other applications. It is suggested as a negative control reagent when using other HuCAL antibodies of the same Fab format.
It is recommended that this reagent is used at the same concentration as the test reagent.
- Target Species
- Negative Control
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® GOLD phage display library. Expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a double extended Strep-tag (SAWSHPQFEKGGGSGGGSGGSAWSHPQFEK). This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- StreptTactin affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Green fluorescent protein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes only, unless otherwise specified in writing by Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of HuCAL Fab-FSx2 Negative Control antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra